MESSAGE TO THE ESTATE

"You have the chance to help #MichaelJackson reach ANOTHER milestone in 2023! Beginning on September 15th, fans WORLDWIDE are welcomed to join the #1Billion4Thriller fan event to help get the Thriller short film to 1 Billion views by October 31st. This event will run side by side with #1Billion4BeatIt with the goal of getting them both to 1 billion views this year. Watch the video to see how you can be a part of this!"

8m27s

I think the difference is in approach. MJs releases literally ended up multinational. Whereas most of these projects skew much more western. It would be silly of the estate not to cover all the territory they have, but MJ also needs the rehabilitation in the US so it makes sense to focus here with "MJ the idea".

It's also been a real nice coincidence they've put out so many excellent outtakes, and the leaks always sound tantalizing. Where there could just as easily be so many more Bryan Loren tracks, Paul McCartney covers, and songs like the Verdict.

to the estate:

2023 Editions of ‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ on CD & vinyl with extra songs & 36 new stereo mixes • ‘Now and Then’ added to the ‘Blue’ album & available as a physical single

For the new edition of 1962-1966, 12 songs have been added, including George’s ‘If I Needed Someone’ (from Rubber Soul) and ‘Taxman’ (from Revolver). ‘Twist and Shout’, the last song recorded for 1963’s Please Please Me by a voice-shredded John Lennon also features, as does ‘Roll Over Beethoven’ which is sung by George and features on With The Beatles (also released in 1963, of course).

because Michael is already the king of catalog streaming?

The estate should focus on being able to deliver acceptable sound quality on their releases before they try to charge for box sets.

This is pretty on par with most Estate releases though? One new song and a bunch of old classics (albeit remixed to meet 21st century standards). Not really sure this should be their benchmark lol.
you're right
I thought they would add 30 songs, but they're old

When did they issue this statement @Fuzball

I would love to celebrate dangerous with my family ..and i know each estate works differently, but it did make me nothing but truly, truly sad when i saw all the prince boxset stuff and it is the exact same time period , That is what cuts.
I saw m on every single one of those pages of that huge book ~ i think you are being mean to us. that's all.

I think the MJ Estate is almost universally regarded in the fan community as incompetent. I don't know whether that actually means anything to them. Perhaps not if they're still turning a profit.

What they don't seem to realise is that the material they're sitting on depreciates in monetary value every day, and the Sundbergs and Buxers of this world are not going to be around forever.

The opportunities being missed here are verging on criminal (putting aside the fraud we've already had).

to the estate:
if the Beatles can restore Lennons voice on Now And Then with AI, you can do this with BTM (Mikes Mix)
do it now

Estate, eat this:

Be nice to them guys. I feel they could be listening. [ i could be wrong]

Estate, eat this:
you are too funny:LOL:

hey Estate, watch this 2023 release:

Random Access Memories (10th Anniversary Edition)

think, Estate, think!

Last edited:
Let's face facts, MJ is almost 20 years gone.
14+ years
Sadly, he's on the road to being overlooked much like Elvis and The Beatles.
Nah. Beatles and Elvis will still be finding many new fans 50 years from now. MJ too. Prince, definitely. None of them will be overlooked. If the Small People don't hear them somewhere, the Big People will let the Small People know. They will listen.

Some of the Little People will be moved / inspired and the cycle continues.

hey estate, my daily message: wake up!
it's time to work for 2024

daily message to the estate:
All I know is I don't wanna stop
All fired up, I'm gonna go till I drop
You're either in or in the way
Don't make me, I don't wanna stop
Why don't they ever listen to me?
It's just a one-way conversation
Nothing they say is gonna set me free
Don't need no mental masturbation

Dire Straits Offer Expanded, Unreleased Material for Live Box Set
Now, a companion box will feature their live material, including 29 unreleased tracks.

hey Estate, watch this 2023 release:

Random Access Memories (10th Anniversary Edition)

Yeah, great comparison. Comparing what is arguably Daft Punk’s greatest and certainly best-received and best selling album with a posthumous collection of songs, no one outside of the fan community remembers or cares for, Xscape.

Back