What the last movie you saw?

Is this how women watch films?

As a man I put my broadsword beside me as I sit down in my loincloth on my iron throne while flexing my muscles.

It’s cool to see the difference between the sexes
Funny guy!

Actually, I don't watch tv at all these days but, when I did, I was usually in the kitchen doing a ton of batch cooking for the freezer.

Tim Burton’s Planet of the apes tomorrow
Not incredibly good but it had its moments, it often felt borderline cheesy but I applaud the use of costumes and practical effects nonetheless. The 1968 version has more impact on me.

Yesterday I caught Hell House LLC Origins on youtube. Found footage horror where the anticipation of scares is greater than the actual scares. Overall despite the creepy shivers throughout I don’t think it is any good.

For tonight and tomorrow it will be House of Gucci and Do the right thing both on BBC

Now - A Dream of Christmas, another one with Andrew Walker

I know. , yuou see it is all about miscommunication, [ as well as the point] but miscommunication can be as dangerous as discrimination.
To me it was more complete refusal of communication. There was no constructive dialogue between the parties only blind shouting, nobody really listened except the mayor but nobody listened to him either. This is not how society got build up from scratch, our species would have died 100 thousand years ago if everybody behaved like the people in that film.

I liked the film though especially the energy and vibe of it, I could feel the heat in the film through the television and all I wanted in the end was all parties to just get along instead of escalate and I believe that was the point of the film.

It would have been a short film if Sal had just hung some pictures of black people on the wall 🥸

I liked the film though especially the energy and vibe of it, I could feel the heat in the film through the television
Spike Lee is very good at bringing raw emotions to our screens. I remember all his work. YOu seen On the Bus [ 1996] have you
and all I wanted in the end was all parties to just get along instead of escalate
Touché
It would have been a short film if Sal
Hence why it is called 'Do the right thing'. I got the book for xmas. It is very open & poignant. One of my best gifts.

Bonnie and clyde

Supposedly one of the first of a then new wave of young edgy American directors who went loose on less strict rules on nudity and violence in cinema. It would be the start of what I view as the golden age of Hollywood films. I’d compare it with how rock n roll became the new hip music thing in the mid 50s. This new way of filmmaking in the late 60s was the rock n roll moment for the film industry. Everything just got louder, more varied, edgier and more interesting in terms of depicted topics. Directors took the freedom they were granted in this era and went wild, just like the musicians in this same era.

Back