"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Well, that's weird. Assuming that IMdb page is legit, I did notice her listed as dancer. Like with Katie Kay being listed as a concert goer, I thought it was weird to list someone as a dancer. If you're going to list the backing dancers you'd have a whole bunch to add to the list, not just one. So I wondered if she was really doing something else. I assumed she was an actress. Now I'm even more confused.

What was that you were saying a while back about wanting it to be an action film?

JK :ROFLMAO:
I checked Imdb and she had a role as a ballet dancer in a short film in 2011 so the listing is probably correct.

How do you think the Pepsi ad will play out, will it explain his introduction to pain killers

Most of these actors will be simply glorified extras. It seems like a lot of people are being cast but by the time filming wraps, there's probably gonna be triple the amount added to that Imdb page.

I think a million celebrity portrayals is not why the film needs. Not exclusively anyway.

The film needs to walk a delicate line of emphasizing that Michael was human, and had normal feelings. But it definitely should also prioritize that he wasn't normal.

Michael truly wasn't normal, not by any metrics at all really. He was raised with beliefs that the majority of mankind do not espouse at all. Trained from an age that the average person spends doing nothing productive of any sort, and got so good at it he was appearing in history books like a 10 year old boy coronated king in a monarch country.

Then he became the most famous non religious person of all time.

Basically any one part of his life could be it's own successful narrative in the cinema.

And it's because hes completely not normal. Completely not ordinary. Extraordinary. And incredibly unique. So that should be what we see for sure.

That Michael was entirely one of a kind, even among his own family. Just one of a kind.

I think a million celebrity portrayals is not why the film needs. Not exclusively anyway.
I really don't think they are going to do that. I don't think we can judge what's going to happen based on the info we get re castings. We know that Andy Warhol / Liza Minnelli / Truman Capote and Bob Fosse can all be dealt with in one short scene showing the Studio 54 shenanigans. That'd be a few minutes, at most. Andy Warhol met Michael multiple times but I doubt they're going to get into that. If they want to show the crazy, celebrity-filled world that Michael inhabited they can do that pretty quickly.

We also can't guess which scenes will end up in the film. Stuff will get filmed but some of it will get edited out, for sure.

Maybe the director's cut can include all those celebrities! JK! Nobody wants to watch that, lol. :ROFLMAO:

The film needs to walk a delicate line of emphasizing that Michael was human, and had normal feelings. But it definitely should also prioritize that he wasn't normal.
(y)

Michael truly wasn't normal, not by any metrics at all really. He was raised with beliefs that the majority of mankind do not espouse at all. Trained from an age that the average person spends doing nothing productive of any sort, and got so good at it he was appearing in history books like a 10 year old boy coronated king in a monarch country.
Basically any one part of his life could be it's own successful narrative in the cinema.
And it's because hes completely not normal. Completely not ordinary. Extraordinary. And incredibly unique. So that should be what we see for sure.
This x 1000.

I don't know how they are going to achieve any of this. I don't even know if it's possible. But hopefully this is what they are aiming for.

That Michael was entirely one of a kind, even among his own family. Just one of a kind.
(y)

Last edited:

I agree with all of this except being non-religious. Even when he was kicked out of being a Jehovah's Witness, he was still religious or at the very least spiritual.

He had abilities beyond imagination from early childhood. I doubt it was for his own good.
Steven Spielberg said it the best:
As you listen to and enjoy his music, I'm sure you'll agree that we, his fans, are the ones who are the most rewarded. https://www.michaeljackson.com/news/steven-spielberg-speaks-on-mjs-history/

I agree with all of this except being non-religious. Even when he was kicked out of being a Jehovah's Witness, he was still religious or at the very least spiritual.
I meant outside of Jesus Christ, he was The most famous person in all of history. His fame borders on religious figure levels.

Question:

When was the last time Spielberg made a statement about Michael Jackson? Did they continue to be friends till his passing?

There seem to be quite a few quotes by Michael about Steven and vice versa, quotes full of respect for each others artistry.

Question:

When was the last time Spielberg made a statement about Michael Jackson? Did they continue to be friends till his passing?

There seem to be quite a few quotes by Michael about Steven and vice versa, quotes full of respect for each others artistry.
I remember he released a statement when Michael died , not sure if that was the last time he has said anything publicly about him.

I believe the most important question we must ask ourselves is, who’s going to play Waldo? 😁

That man has undoubtedly had the best MJ experiences ever as a fan. No MJ concert was complete without seeing his face in the front row and on camera.

I know he has an account on here but haven't seen any posts in a while?

I always associate the Bucharest concert (Dangerous tour) with him.

That man has undoubtedly had the best MJ experiences ever as a fan. No MJ concert was complete without seeing his face in the front row and on camera.

What is his account name?

Did he go to the Bad tour as well?

I'm really looking forward to this new biopic. The fact that its being made by the "Bohemian Rhapsody" people, and that Jafaar is playing his own uncle is very encouraging.

The biopic has it's own insta so we can get the latest info from there (I'm sure many already know but just in case someone doesn't know :)

Back