"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Well if they truly cover the facts I would assume many more people (than now) are gonna be on MJ's side.
People who thinks he did it are unlikely going to go to a movie theater and pay money to watch a movie about him.
Well, I was responding to the first part of Staffie's comment. I'm well aware that people who believe Michael is guilty are not going to watch the film. At any rate, it is highly unlikely that they would pay to see the film. That's a given. However, they will see / hear / read reviews about it. Other people in their lives will talk about it. And maybe, just maybe, some of them might start to think again about the narrative that they have bought into. I'm not saying I have any great hopes of this happening. I haven't even given it any thought, tbh. For a lot of people, LN was the confirmation they weren't really looking for but they embraced it 100% once it dropped in front of them. I still see, in UK MSM, the 'p' word used in relation to Michael and it's used in a way that suggests the person is 100% convinced that they are right in their belief.

So I'm not expecting miracles. That said, hope is not a bad thing.

I hope Jermaine doesn't try to get involved, I can just see him sitting next to his son, trying to promote himself
This is just one reason I'm not stoked about Jaafar's involvement. But it's happened and Jermaine will be Jermaine no matter what so ... 🤷‍♀️

with the AI used in the new Indiana Jones, Jermaine could play himself in the 80s

How The Michael Jackson Movie Biopic Will Chronicle Controversial Musician’s Life: “He Was Human”​

Director Antoine Fuqua explains how his Michael Jackson movie biopic will chronicle the controversial musician's life, choosing not to avoid his lows.

Michael Jackson Biopic Will Show the 'Good, Bad, and the Ugly,' Director Says​

Michael Jackson biopic director Antoine Fuqua says the film will tell the King of Pop's story "based on the facts."

I hope this movie cleans up all these dirty lies
Same here but I do not think this movie is going to come any time soon with these upcoming court cases and I think potentially cancelled. I just hope the truth can shine through though.

Rhe
Bang out of order what they did but to say nobody cares about wembley is a bit ott.

Old Wembley was such an iconic venue

The celebs made wembley that iconic venue. Without them, they'd have none of that prestige. To spit in the face of even one of them is just disengous and traitorous.

The celebs made wembley that iconic venue. Without them, they'd have none of that prestige. To spit in the face of even one of them is just disengous and traitorous.
No, that's just wrong. Wembley was the home of English football, specifically the FA cup final, so Wembley was already iconic long before they did big concerts there.

In 1966 England won the World Cup Final at Wembley.

But, anyway ...

"Wembley Stadium celebrated its centenary in April 2023. A poster was created showing lots of the iconic stars and sport figures that have played or performed there. Michael's fans noticed that he was not included so they created their own version by adding a huge picture of Michael in the centre."

1870505665.jpg

Last edited:
No, that's just wrong. Wembley was the home of English football, specifically the FA cup final, so Wembley was already iconic long before they did big concerts there.
Ok, well. I mean in the music/performance areas. Obviously it's just a stadium, it has no personality. It was used for iconic venues. I don't know about sports like that so I didn't think of that.

I'm referring more so to the organization behind Wembley, not so much the building itself. Still, my mistake.

Ok, well. I mean in the music/performance areas. Obviously it's just a stadium, it has no personality.
😲

Sorry, mate. Stop digging, lol. Look, I'm not having a go at you personally, OK? You're not British so it's fine for you to not know all the details. I'm talking about the original building, the one Michael did his shows in. The one with the iconic twin towers. Wembley absolutely IS all about the building and the resonance of that particular location. It isn't 'just' a stadium. It never was. It does have (it did have) personality.

It was used for iconic venues. I don't know about sports like that so I didn't think of that.

I'm referring more so to the organization behind Wembley, not so much the building itself. Still, my mistake.
But I'm seriously not having a go. Just derailing the thread while I set the record straight. I'm not even into football but the original Wembley was a really important landmark building. But the company that runs the building now, yes, they did snub Michael. I wonder if it's bc of LN even after all this time. Depressing thought. :(

Afaik, Michael still holds the record for the most shows (15) by one artist at Wembley. I'm sure Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran or someone like that will blast through that at some point but I think it's still in place as of now.

Rhe

I'm from the UK so your knowledge of Wembley may be limited - it was certainly not just about musical concerts etc that made Wembley iconic.

As a venue it is perhaps known more for football than any musical event. England literally won the world cup in 1966 there.

You can't be getting salty over the lack of MJ on a poster. It obviously hurts as a MJ fan but the folks running the place had obviously decided to distance themselves from MJ due to the controversies. As a business it makes sense unfortunately.

We know how legendary those sold out shows were and the incredible performances MJ put on.

Last edited:
It just goes to show Michael has long lost his status as an icon, it is just us fans that haven’t accepted it yet but the controversies clearly won and took him down. It is only a matter of time before he gets completely erased from memory.
Don’t forget we are only a minority, maybe there are a few million of us left worldwide but we are nothing but a small statistic trying to keep a former icon alive while the rest of the world is erasing him step by step.

It just goes to show Michael has long lost his status as an icon, it is just us fans that haven’t accepted it yet but the controversies clearly won and took him down. It is only a matter of time before he gets completely erased from memory.
Don’t forget we are only a minority, maybe there are a few million of us left worldwide but we are nothing but a small statistic trying to keep a former icon alive while the rest of the world is erasing him step by step.
Fair point. Personally, I was disappointed that Michael wasn't on the poster but not surprised and not even that upset. Even if he had been included I don't think he'd have been any more prominent than any of the other pop stars on there.

Back