"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

So you think just because this guy posted this in the movie thread that this is related to the movie?

The biopic is the estate's main focus right now and they just began production. They also said they have no plans to release new music anytime soon so it's more than likely that the meeting was related to the movie.

The biopic is the estate's main focus right now and they just began production. They also said they have no plans to release new music anytime soon so it's more than likely that the meeting was related to the movie.
Well, it may at most be soundtrack related. Or God forbid, he might have a role in the film. He's acted a few times.

soundtrack for sure
Well that's fine too. Most films today have a soundtrack by a hip hop artist. *in my @DuranDuran voice*

Black Panther 1 and 2
Into the Spider-Verse
Across the Spider-Verse
The Elvis Biopic
Etc.

But personally I would prefer Metro Boomin or Kendrick. They did the best soundtracks by far. Dj Khaled is a DJ, he'd be decent but he's pretty, safe. Like most estate releases, they're not even the slightest wild or out there.

So, it could be like an album with current popstars singing MJ's famous hits? Don't know which is worse lol.
Your lack of open-mindedness on the subject is the worst thing here so far.

It would maybe be some of that, it just depends. The Elvis soundtrack could be the template.

Considering how many 90s hits MJ composed during the Bad Era, even if you didn't go past the Bad era, conceivably you could include a lot of those hits still: Earth Song, They Don't Care About Us. Their proto forms would be interesting to shout out.

You could also portray Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck if you got to that period of time as well, lol. Though that might be suicide.

I was reading back through the last couple pages and hadn’t seen the DJ. Khalid picture. I would suggest fans keep an open mind about who may potentially work on new music. MJ is about to be called a child molester again and be right out there for the whole world to judge and be dragged through the gutter with the worst accusations anyone could ever be accused of. If we get some positive support from Khalid and other celebs that would be fantastic! Khalid might not be a first choice but he is popular.

You could also portray Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck if you got to that period of time as well, lol. Though that might be suicide.
Highly doubt that will happen since there's no way they would ever give permission for their names/likeness to be used. Then again, that shitty Man in the Mirror movie had the Chandlers in it... but then again they looked nothing like their real-life counterparts. I don't think their names were actually used in the movie either (and I'm not gonna look up that pile of crap to double check).

I was told that he did his research, and that he believes Michael was innocent, so that's good. But here's the thing, he says the good, and we all know how much good this man did.

The bad, sure, people make bad decisions, he has done so too, so I get that. But the ugly? That's where he loses me. I don't get that. Perhaps he means all the horrible stuff he had to go through.

I was told that he did his research, and that he believes Michael was innocent, so that's good. But here's the thing, he says the good, and we all know how much good this man did.

The bad, sure, people make bad decisions, he has done so too, so I get that. But the ugly? That's where he loses me. I don't get that. Perhaps he means all the horrible stuff he had to go through.
It's just a saying.

It's just a saying.

I know, but still. I kinda wish he said "great artist, great human being" but maybe he'll come off as overly pro MJ then I guess. But I sure would have liked to hear some praise for his many, many amazing deeds for those in need.

He says it's for the audience to decide what they think of MJ. Well if they truly cover the facts I would assume many more people (than now) are gonna be on MJ's side.

That's probably what he's referring to: the Pepsi incident, him getting physically and verbally abused by Joseph as a child, the media being unfairly biased against him throughout most of his adult life.

The allegations would definitely fall under bad/ugly, but I don't know how they're going to make time for those in this movie.

That's probably what he's referring to: the Pepsi incident, him getting physically and verbally abused by Joseph as a child, the media being unfairly biased against him throughout most of his adult life.

The allegations would definitely fall under bad/ugly, but I don't know how they're going to make time for those in this movie.

True that. It seems a docu Series/show with multiple episodes would be way, way better.

Don't want to come off as too negative on this, but him saying the audience will decide what to think of MJ. Maybe I'm just being too negative, but I'm not sure about the wording of that. If they truly show that at the end of the day HE was the victim, the one and only, you'd think the audience can only be on his side after watching it.

The facts as we know it he says, facts support the man's innocence all the way. I believe his son Prince is involved too? I probably should not worry. It seems he wanted to appear as not biased, and that's good.

I know, but still. I kinda wish he said "great artist, great human being" but maybe he'll come off as overly pro MJ then I guess. But I sure would have liked to hear some praise for his many, many amazing deeds for those in need.

He says it's for the audience to decide what they think of MJ. Well if they truly cover the facts I would assume many more people (than now) are gonna be on MJ's side.
I mean, making an MJ biopic pretty much communicated at least a lil bit of admiration. If he's not blatantly dogging him we don't need to hope he is. He's not in his element on this media talk show so he has to be careful. Just make a quality product, to remind us, MJ's own art as always will do the most talking.

I think there will be segments of Michael looking a bit of a narcissist, which would be understandable. He was catapulted to fame at a very young age, and I think we all have to agree if it was all rosey and jolly it wouldn't work, Michael had flaws he was human. But I'm sure we all just want his legacy to be preserved

Warts and all type of film , I like the sound of that.

The estate have already said that this will not be a whitewash and I hope they stick to their word. MJ was too controversial to not include the negative aspect of his life without attracting criticism.

I hope this film shows the raw, emotional side of Michael, and not just the 'high voice, Peter Pan image.

This film has to be real , Michael suffered terribly throughout his life , battles with addiction childhood trauma , adult trauma, the obsession with his appearance, skin colour changes, the impact the trial had on him. Not a clue how they fit all that into one film 🤔

My biggest worry is Jaafar and if he can actually act, he needs to be a hell of an actor to pull off the emotional side of Michael.

Warts and all type of film , I like the sound of that.

The estate have already said that this will not be a whitewash and I hope they stick to their word. MJ was too controversial to not include the negative aspect of his life without attracting criticism.

I hope this film shows the raw, emotional side of Michael, and not just the 'high voice, Peter Pan image.

This film has to be real , Michael suffered terribly throughout his life , battles with addiction childhood trauma , adult trauma, the obsession with his appearance, skin colour changes, the impact the trial had on him. Not a clue how they fit all that into one film 🤔

My biggest worry is Jaafar and if he can actually act, he needs to be a hell of an actor to pull off the emotional side of Michael.

If they want to tell the whole story I just wonder how the hell they can put that in one movie. Even some movies out now are 3 hours or 4, and even then its probably not enough to cover it all about MJ.

We can only hope there's some inner michael that motivates him. There must be something that made the production team invest in him. As they say blood is thicker than water

If they want to tell the whole story I just wonder how the hell they can put that in one movie. Even some movies out now are 3 hours or 4, and even then its probably not enough to cover it all about MJ.
I agree , it's making me anxious thinking about how they will do it.

They could literally create a whole film based on the controversies and court trials without ever talking about the musical side of his life.

Timelines will be all over the place no doubt and certain moments in his life won't even be covered. If allegations are to be included, they might just focus on 93 and mention 2005 at the end credit section...

These biopics usually have a montage at the end of the film with facts appearing on the screen alongside accomplishments - I'd love for them to end it with MJ was found innocent of all charges against him and there has never been any evidence, whilst man in the mirror is blasting in the background. That's what I see in my head anyway lol

I know, but still. I kinda wish he said "great artist, great human being"
It's possibly way too early for him to be doing that. The criticism is going to fly, no matter what, but you'd be wanting to avoid it as far as possible. I think he was just using that as a shorthand way of trying to deflect any immediate complaints. I mean, I could be wrong but I didn't attach too much importance to his language use at this point.

but maybe he'll come off as overly pro MJ then I guess.
I think he would and it's hard for him. He has to present himself as being on Michael's side and yet also try to avoid being seen as unhelpfully partisan. It's tricky.

But I sure would have liked to hear some praise for his many, many amazing deeds for those in need.
But the segment was, well, I didn't time it but was it even 2 minutes long? Not nearly enough time to get into all of that.

He says it's for the audience to decide what they think of MJ.
Bc he's trying to get ahead of the inevitable criticism, imo.

Well if they truly cover the facts I would assume many more people (than now) are gonna be on MJ's side.
Hopefully that will happen.

Don't want to come off as too negative on this, but him saying the audience will decide what to think of MJ. Maybe I'm just being too negative, but I'm not sure about the wording of that.
He more or less has to say something like this to deflect some of the incoming criticism. He's between a rock and a hard place to some extent bc the negativity against Michael is still pretty strong in some quarters.

I probably should not worry. It seems he wanted to appear as not biased, and that's good.
I think that is exactly what happened and the segment was insanely short, as these things tend to be. I have no idea whether this clip was in a show that was broadcast after the news re the WR lawsuit came out.

I agree , it's making me anxious thinking about how they will do it.

They could literally create a whole film based on the controversies and court trials without ever talking about the musical side of his life.

Timelines will be all over the place no doubt and certain moments in his life won't even be covered. If allegations are to be included, they might just focus on 93 and mention 2005 at the end credit section...

These biopics usually have a montage at the end of the film with facts appearing on the screen alongside accomplishments - I'd love for them to end it with MJ was found innocent of all charges against him and there has never been any evidence, whilst man in the mirror is blasting in the background. That's what I see in my head anyway lol

What's really important is that they nail the Chandler part. To this day I see people coming with proven lies and they believe it's true, all from that time. They should do their best to show why Michael settled, they need to be clear about the extortion and so on.

It really should be a multi part doc or even TV show/Series.

Hopefully that will happen.
People who thinks he did it are unlikely going to go to a movie theater and pay money to watch a movie about him. Depending on where you live in the USA, 1 movie ticket can cost $20 and that's just a regular movie, not IMAX, 4DX, or whatever. Like André 3000 says in the OutKast song Humble Mumble "Speeches only reaches those who already know about it"

Back