Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Anyone know the deal with the Falling down snippet, sounds good but it's clearly not Michael's vocals.

How many versions were recorded of ABC? Listening to the multis tells me the song was spliced together from multiple different versions
Lol you should hear mama's pearl demo...."who's making whoopi with your girlfriend" 🤭🤭😅🤣

It's certainly fake, but I liked the rhythm! Sad how we have a lot of fake snippets on YouTube!

Do we have accurate info on who wrote "Family Thing"?

Btw, anyone can tell me the file size of the original leak?

The instrumental is real
You can tell that the pitch of the instruments aren't the same as the snippet that leaked in 2022, it's more akin to the recreation I linked above. I assume it's a more developed version since it has some extra sounds in it.

There's also the fact that this is one of those troll channels that posts obvious fake leaks so I don't see why it wouldn't be another fake leak this time.

So would the newer version of Throwin' Your Life Away sound any different vocally? How many times did he record that song?

What about Scared of the Moon? Was that just once?
I think the most likely scenario is both of these were not re-recorded. The TYLA vocal already is very polished, and considering the multitracks have been lost for quite some time I doubt the track has changed much from the original version.

So would the newer version of Throwin' Your Life Away sound any different vocally? How many times did he record that song?
Nope. MJ didn't record any new vocals and Neff-U worked with the 2" stereo master since the multitrack has been lost. So, theoretically, the 07/08 version is a bunch of overdubs added to the one we're familiar with.

Back