What Are You Listening To?

@zinniabooklover I think at one point you expressed your liking of Kate Bush here on this site. [...]
Gosh, no!

No, no, no, no! :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Tbf, I do like Wuthering Heights and I did have a convo on the board at one point. I was complaining bc I was trying to find a particular TOTP peformance she did when the song was in the UK charts. I found other performances but not the one I wanted. I do love that song but, in general, no, Kate is not my person. There are certain artists - Kate, Bjork - that I have some respect for even they don't really grab my attention.

I definitely admired the way Kate took so much control of her career from early on. I think respect is due to EMI for signing her and then giving her the space and time to develop. People love to slag off record labels but that was pretty classy on their part. But she played a blinder in how she made it clear it was her career. I also love the fact that Kate was the first female artist to achieve a UK number one with a self-written song. It still seems astonishing that we had to wait until 1978 for that to happen.

Back