The Michael Jackson Musical: 'MJ'

MJ doesn't end in the US on Friday? Tickets are available until January 2024 at least!
Right... I am confused. I don't see anything stating this is ending in NYC this Friday. I can get tickets for Broadway past this date.

mj the immortal World tour cds 2010-2011
$370,000,000
mj one las Vegas :2013-2023
$800,000,000
mj the musical Broadway New-York :
2021-2023(17 MO)
:$115,000,000

Have been to see Thriller Live twice once in 2006 and believe in 2010/11 .. just not this
Never saw it. Musical theatre isn't really my thing but I always liked the fact that it ran for so long. It was always nice seeing adverts in the papers or the posters and stuff around town if I was in central London. Shame it was closed down bc of Covid.

Bear in mind that this show is backed by the Estate - Thriller live to me always seemed a bit cheap/amateurish.

MJ the musical is in another league and a huge step up from Thriller Live.

Bear in mind that this show is backed by the Estate - Thriller live to me always seemed a bit cheap/amateurish.

I appreciate Thriller Live but I think yes, this is another league.

I am sure MJ the musical will do well, backed by the big guns and all . But I like the history of Thriller Live . Being it was the first of it's kind back then. i'll always appreciate what Adrian did for M and fans. He put out alot for us. And I think Michael liked Thriller Live. :) If i can recall there was talk he was somewhere in the audience of 2006- 2008. M & Adrian back in 1990.

I am sure MJ the musical will do well, backed by the big guns and all . But I like the history of Thriller Live .
Agreed. Didn't see the show so can't comment on the production values but I always liked the history of it with Adrian running a fan club back in the day and then doing a series of annual tribute shows. Getting the show into the West End was pretty impressive, imo, and it clearly had an audience since it ran for so long. The reviews were mixed, which didn't surprise me, but I don't remember it getting slated.

Being it was the first of it's kind back then. i'll always appreciate what Adrian did for M and fans. He put out alot for us. And I think Michael liked Thriller Live. [...]
👍

FysccFVXgAIgpFg
FyscdS3X0AI8KZx

Elijah-12.jpg

Detroit native Elijah Rhea Johnson stepped into the leading role of Michael Jackson in MJ the Musical April 4 at the Neil Simon Theatre, marking his Broadway debut.

Johnson, who helped develop the role of Middle Michael throughout the workshop process of MJ, succeeded Myles Frost, who played his final performance April 2. (Frost made history last year, becoming the youngest individual actor to win a Tony Award for Best Leading Actor in a Musical.)

See all the pictures by clicking the link...

I hope Michael Jackson's instrument playing (guitar, keyboards, bass, drums, piano, percussion) will also be incorporated into MJ the Musical if the musical is revamped. The number of Michael Jackson incarnations will be increased. Also dialogue with every MJ version will be incorporated. I hope at least one of the songs will be sung by all Michael Jackson characters, representing every era and some of the songs will have to be rearranged, replacing one of the other characters with one of the versions of Michael. The revamped version will surpass the popularity of the original version. Each version of MJ will have a solo song in the updated musical. The revamped version will also have a cast album.

Last edited:
Back