Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

Now honestly the rivalry is ridiculous, both artists can’t be further away from each other but till this day it exist. Just look at the comments underneath a prince video on youtube, there is usually a comment how he or the other is better lol
Yep
My own opinion. MJ will always be my nr 1 and it is not even close, I like his voice 1000 times better than Prince’s voice BUT I admire Prince’s creativity and his ability to ditch pop to do what he wanted. I kind of hoped Michael would be as prolific, versatile and creative as Prince.
I agree. If MJ only had released more songs that were crafted out of his own imagination instead of songs written by others.

Bear in mind, guys, that both Peggy MacCreary and Susan Rogers - engineers who worked with Prince - are both on record as saying if Prince had collaborated more with other people / spent more time improving his songs he would have produced work that was even more awesome. They are not slagging him off, simply pointing out ways in which he could have been even better.

Yep

I agree. If MJ only had released more songs that were crafted out of his own imagination instead of songs written by others.
I think he was too held back by his inability to produce his own music, he had to rely on other peoples expertise to realize his ideas.

Bear in mind, guys, that both Peggy MacCreary and Susan Rogers - engineers who worked with Prince - are both on record as saying if Prince had collaborated more with other people / spent more time improving his songs he would have produced work that was even more awesome. They are not slagging him off, simply pointing out ways in which he could have been even better.

Probably but his run of albums in the 80s is pretty unique in sound and legendary regardless.

People say this all the time. Can't see it myself. Hear it, I should say"
The combination of pop, funk and hard rock on Purple Rain sounds unique to me, before that he had a sort of club dance album with 1999. Around the world in a day is more psychedelic. Many albums had a different flavor imo but I don’t like them all

It’s perfectly possible other artists in the 80s were doing the same though, I have no idea

:unsure:i kind of am ' enjoying' the ' contrast' between both m & P. 's artistry. I don't think Michael could write 'happier' things whilst having the whole world on his back ...i can't compare these men artistry.

So Madonna also did a shout out to P. then? :D
Could anyone post that possibly?.

The combination of pop, funk and hard rock on Purple Rain sounds unique to me, before that he had a sort of club dance album with 1999. Around the world in a day is more psychedelic. Many albums had a different flavor imo but I don’t like them all

It’s perfectly possible other artists in the 80s were doing the same though, I have no idea
Well, I was thinking more of Sly Stone (and maybe Funkadelic) but no matter. And I'm not hating on Purple Rain. I know
you love it.

Peace, man! ✌️

:unsure:i kind of am ' enjoying' the ' contrast' between both m & P. 's artistry. I don't think Michael could write 'happier' things whilst having the whole world on his back ...i can't compare these men artistry.

So Madonna also did a shout out to P. then? :D
Could anyone post that possibly?.
She used his guitar solo from Like A Prayer which never got used on the version released as a single. Saw it mentioned in one of the newspaper reviews. Just asked over on another thread for confirmation but it seems like it did happen.

She used his guitar solo from Like A Prayer which never got used on the version released as a single.
This is the second no bloody third time that something never got used .....So, He was in that? now.I am shocked

1. BatDance was not supposed to be like that. plus both P. & m could have worked on this.
2. GB
was chopped and screwed left right and centre. According to me, it is his finest work. 🤷‍♀️
3.Now i hear about a ... guitar solo on Like a Prayer 😕

Last edited:
This is the second no bloody third time that something never got used .....So, He was in that? now.I am shocked

1. BatDance was not supposed to be like that. plus both P. & m could have worked on this.
Well, I am very glad that they didn't collaborate on this.

2. GB was chopped and screwed left right and centre. According to me, it is his finest work. 🤷‍♀️
No clue. Didn't ever pay attention to GB. In fact, have only just learnt to call it GB, lol.

3.Now i hear about a ... guitar solo on Like a Prayer 😕
From today's Guardian:

"... (there's a brief tribute to Prince later, soundtracked by the guitar solo he contributed to Like A Prayer but which didn't make the released version) ..."
Alexis Petridis

Well, I am very glad that they didn't collaborate on this.
Hmmm :unsure: I'd like rewind , a take two ~ i'd have been a better kid for it. Batman is the cause of my blunder I gotta blame some poor bugger so the comic gets it 😂
No clue. Didn't ever pay attention to GB. In fact, have only just learnt to call it
The film , but the album . it is both equally as good to me. ~
Oh god , i think it was i that brought that abbreviation into this thread, but they do say it on yt lol ~it's cool to me GB. I know what I mean lol
From today's Guardian:

"...(there's a brief tribute to Prince later, soundtracked by the guitar solo he contributed to Like A Prayer but which didn't make the released version) ..."
Alexis Petridis
well thanks my lovely , yeah shocked really

I found this one today from TV /OF4S. [1999]

There is Lonely

Is it me or did the room just get darker?
Is it me or did I just lay down and die?
Is this a dream or did the world just crumble at my very feet?
How in heaven will I ever be alright?
There is lonely, and there is lonely
And then there is how I feel right now
Perhaps only Cain when he'd slain his brother
Could ever come close 2 knowing how
And then there is how I feel right now
Perhaps only Cain when he'd slain his brother
Could ever come close 2 knowing how
And then there is how I feel right now.

Yes me and some of P's artistry are on first letter terms now.

Alright Thanks @Fuzball for the video.

So first time listening to V- TOG - No comments currently, other than It was Tora Tora First appearance before MNIP.

"When u cry, I became ur emotion.And if u ever cry like that again,
I'LL B HERE! CUZ I'M VIOLET!
THE ORGAN GRINDER!
AND I GRIND ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY
I LIVE FOR THE ORGAN THAT I AM GRINDING
I DIE-BUT I WON'T GO AWAY"

So onwards n upwards then ...Today TVE -P2G arrived. Admittedly this album is a posthumous release. I believe it is 2019. so I might be cheating but I didn't really like what i was listening to yesterday. [V-TOG]I hope i like this.

I'm on a sabbatical. :D
why babe? Well i am struggling currently ~I really want to get around to this zin. and i will. But it is hard because he is so direct, And it kind of ..there is a block and i start to fight/ side eye /eye roll /hate him again , just being honest here. But he is a very honest artist i think.

why babe?
No reason. Just was time for me to put him back in the pending tray. I have got some stuff I haven't finished with - those podcast transcripts I posted a while back. I do need to get through those. But they will have to wait.

Well i am struggling currently ~I really want to get around to this zin. and i will.
It sounds a bit exhausting, babe, tbh. But that's just me. You're on some kind of mission, looks like.

But it is hard because he is so direct,
I know what you mean. I find that a bit exhausting, too.

And it kind of ..there is a block and i start to fight/ side eye /eye roll /hate him again , just being honest here. But he is a very honest artist i think.
Sometimes I like that and other times it feels more TMI. 🤷‍♀️

No reason. Just was time for me to put him back in the pending tray.
Stick bloody VTOG right back in the bloody nope tray !can't deal ~that's it:ROFLMAO: times up mate , no joking lol i will get through every single piece of art he made Cause i appreciate that there is a rapper in him. and a very good one at that. He can spit . & i regret i missed out on that. i like that side but when its trying to "sex me"i cant take that seriously. I don't listen to that type of romantic music you see. Never have. But his lyrics are very stinging, and some have more of an effect than others.
I have got some stuff I haven't finished with - those podcast transcripts I posted a while back. I do need to get through those. But they will have to wait.
More important stuff 2 do babe ! :ROFLMAO:
It sounds a bit exhausting, babe, tbh. But that's just me. You're on some kind of mission, looks like.
oh yeah its no fun i'm on a dark n deadly mission here ! :ROFLMAO:
I know what you mean. I find that a bit exhausting, too.
mm , it is just a place where i've never been with an artist before. So that is really new to me. But bear in mind i don't really branch out that much.
Sometimes I like that
For subjects, making a point about serious issues yes great. agree there.
and other times it feels more TMI. 🤷‍♀️
or it is just so obvious that it gets boring /ranty/ childish/ awkward / fight worthy. etc

imm , it is just a place where i've never been with an artist before. So that is really new to me. But bear in mind i don't really branch out that much.
Fair enough.

or it is just so obvious that it gets boring /ranty/ childish/ awkward [...]
And this is where I lose interest in Prince. There seems to be quite a bit of this type of stuff and I don't have the interest or the patience. But it's fine. Electric Chair on SNL. Still Would Stand All Time. The Future at Tokyo, 1990. Greatest Romance Ever Sold. Forever In My Life. Shut This Down. There's a few others. I'm happy with what I've got so far. :)

Some cool new
His estate Uploaded within last 2 hours
The third might not play for some of us.

Back