Michael viral (positive) tweet thread

What I like most here is that casual fans don’t realize many of the moves he does on the black or white panther segment, billie jean dance outro or smooth criminal video were already perfected in the 70s. He just didn’t dance like that with the Jackson 5 that is the only difference.
Same with the JB shuffle and other JB and Jackie Wilson inspired moves he had them down to perfection already during the Motown rehearsals in 1968.

Oh, excuse my lacking communication skills. I’m just wondering what could be contributing to this magnificent increase in sales?
I pick things up off Twitter to post here if they contain cheerful news but I don't know the first thing about what actually is going on. Last year HCW was trending on Spotify bc it was trending on TikTok. No-one seems to know what was driving the TT thing. It doesn't matter that much, I suppose. If a Michael song is suddenly doing well, I'm happy. But I know what you mean, it is intriguing.

This Amazon thing? No clue. I couldn't see any conversations about it.

Wow! This I’ve missed. Makes me glad, because I really like that song!
I think it was over the summer. 2022. There was a lot of convo on the board so you might be able to search for it. There was def stuff being posted on the Chart Watch thread but it'll be many pages back by now.

It was dead exciting. I love HCW. And it's such an unlikely song to suddenly be trending. That's why I kinda wanted to know the reason. Chicago started to do really well roughly round about the same time, IIRC.

Last edited:
Wow! This I’ve missed. Makes me glad, because I really like that song!
It was not as substantial as Chicago but HCW was charting top 10 on MJ’s Spotify page for a couple of weeks. Peaking at nr 7. At its peak it got streamed about 150 000 to 180 000 a day.

Since we can only see a top 10 we don’t know if it is still streaming well but if his last.fm is any indication it is still doing well. At last.fm (which showcases the most listened to mp3’s) HCW is nr 13 in MJ‘s top 100.
Chicago here is also nr 3

It was not as substantial as Chicago but HCW was charting top 10 on MJ’s Spotify page for a couple of weeks. Peaking at nr 7. At its peak it got streamed about 150 000 to 180 000 a day.

Since we can only see a top 10 we don’t know if it is still streaming well but if his last.fm is any indication it is still doing well. At last.fm (which showcases the most listened to mp3’s) HCW is nr 13 in MJ‘s top 100.
Chicago here is also nr 3
I seem to remember @Nite Line doing a follow-up post on this. Can't remember the details but I remember the story was still quite positive at that point.

Sorry, bit distracted by news re Lisa Marie.

I’m still surprised how much better thriller looks, the worn out fuzzy look had its charms especially for horror related content (b movies of the 70s and 80s looked the same) but this was an expensive videoclip, of course they wanted it to look spectacular.
I did not see the value in HD but now I do

I’m still surprised how much better thriller looks, the worn out fuzzy look had its charms especially for horror related content (b movies of the 70s and 80s looked the same) but this was an expensive videoclip, of course they wanted it to look spectacular.
I did not see the value in HD but now I do
Guess that just leaves me, then. 🙁

I don't like it at all. To me, it looks like it's been put through the rinse cycle!

Back