"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Pretty much spot on in my opinion! Looking at this 2,5 hours is going to be difficultšŸ˜‚. I think Prince is going to do a great job though.

Some honorable mentions:
1. Michael relation with the tabloid and the bullying in the press (racism, oxegen chamber, etc.).
2. Explanation of why Michael loved his children (from his childhood, peter pan syndrome).
3. Michaels humanitarian work, like including heal the world foundation, visiting hospitals and large donation. (world record)
4. Neverland ranch, the reason and purpose of neverland and busses with ill children.
5. Buying the catalogue
6. We are the world
7. Super bowl performace (creating the blueprint until this day)
8. Add Wade Robson in the '05 trial to descredit that Btch (thatd be funny)

I think some indepth of moments later in his life (26,27,28) wont really be included.

I would add these songs:
> Jackson 5 whos loving you on the Ed Sullivan Show
> Jackson 5 / the jacksons I want you back performance
> Billie Jean motown 25
> Smooth criminal Bad Tour
> History Tour Earth Songs
> Michael Jackson 2001 anniversary performance
> This is It (Man in the Mirror) > film ending

What songs would you add?
Yeah. I forgot about superbowl performance! It must be in the movie. I don't really care about songs, I just hope there will be something from Invincible.

How do you cover a 45 year career, filled with the industry's highest highs and keep the runtime under 2 hours 30 minutes? Then include some of the lows and painful moments too.

There's no way they can cover it all and accurately. That's why I don't have high hopes for it honestly, nothing against the creatives involved, but Michael needed a Senna style documentary, not a biopic in my opinion.

How do you cover a 45 year career, filled with the industry's highest highs and keep the runtime under 2 hours 30 minutes? Then include some of the lows and painful moments too.

There's no way they can cover it all and accurately. That's why I don't have high hopes for it honestly, nothing against the creatives involved, but Michael needed a Senna style documentary, not a biopic in my opinion.
A documentary would be no better. We've already had 2 (3, counting TII, 4, when Thriller eventually, comes out), and they left out several points. The style of archival footage is a cool one though, that'd be a great idea for a part 2 actually.

no one cares... we just want to see proper biopic
Well that would mean that there is fictional stuff in it, lol. Both Tina & Ike have said some of the things in What's Love Got To Do With It never happened or were exaggerated. There is a biopic called Nowhere Boy about John Lennon as a teenager. I doubt the filmmakers knew much about this time period. There would have been no reason for anybody at the time to write about John or any of the others like Pete Best. They were just some unknown kids in Liverpool. I've also heard that a lot of the movie Amadeus was made up and was based on a stage play, and not on Mozart's actual life.

Well that would mean that there is fictional stuff in it, lol. Both Tina & Ike have said some of the things in What's Love Got To Do With It never happened or were exaggerated. There is a biopic called Nowhere Boy about John Lennon as a teenager. I doubt the filmmakers knew much about this time period. There would have been no reason for anybody at the time to write about John or any of the others like Pete Best. They were just some unknown kids in Liverpool. I've also heard that a lot of the movie Amadeus was made up and was based on a stage play, and not on Mozart's actual life.
I didn't understand a WORD, that you said. please. make it easy

There are a lot of great stories in the life of Michael Jackson, and the challenge is picking one without it being at the detriment of the others. There is no real way to do an overview of his life in a 2.5 hour biopic. The best they could do if they wanted to do that is a Netflix series like The Last Dance with every episode covering an era or milestone. And then there's the issue of dealing with the allegations delicately, and whether the decline of his popularity and sales will also be covered (or are even worth covering). I am not sure you can have a Michael Jackson biopic without mentioning the allegations. They really are the turd in the punch bowl of his legacy.

They should also include the making of the Cashio tracks with Jason "the goat" Malachi as Jason "the goat" Malachi.

it would only be fair to those who bought the songs
they tarnish his legacy
it won't happen, that's true
Cascio story is just to complicated to understand. We don't have the exact truth. For example, in allegations story we know for sure that MJ is innocent, because he was justified in court. But in Cascio case there are still 3 opinions... Some people STILL think that it's Michael's voice on these tracks. Others sure, that it's Jason Malachi, BUT they still believe MJ wrote these 12 tracks. And third opinion (which I share) belongs to people, that Michael had NOTHING to do with Cascio tracks. That's why Estate will just skip this controversal story... They have too many iconical moments of his life to show, and the Cascio story is THE LAST thing they would like to include in film....

Just open the film with a recreation of the Motown audition. People now would be astounded he was such a great performer and singer at age 10
It would be hard finding a young kid as talented. The best would be to restore the actual footage!

Cascio story is just to complicated to understand. We don't have the exact truth. For example, in allegations story we know for sure that MJ is innocent, because he was justified in court. But in Cascio case there are still 3 opinions... Some people STILL think that it's Michael's voice on these tracks. Others sure, that it's Jason Malachi, BUT they still believe MJ wrote these 12 tracks. And third opinion (which I share) belongs to people, that Michael had NOTHING to do with Cascio tracks. That's why Estate will just skip this controversal story... They have too many iconical moments of his life to show, and the Cascio story is THE LAST thing they would like to include in film....

I knew the second I heard those Cascio tracks that they weren't Michael Jackson. It sounds like Michael Jackson if he had absolutely no vocal range. So much distortion in the recording as well. And they just took the most campy impression of a Michael Jackson song and tried to sell it off. I'll say, yeah, nice imitation but any fan knows the difference.

I knew the second I heard those Cascio tracks that they weren't Michael Jackson. It sounds like Michael Jackson if he had absolutely no vocal range. So much distortion in the recording as well. And they just took the most campy impression of a Michael Jackson song and tried to sell it off. I'll say, yeah, nice imitation but any fan knows the difference.
REAL FANS know the difference

It would be hard finding a young kid as talented. The best would be to restore the actual footage!
That would be my dream. I would also track the guy who filmed it so I can scold him for not filming the feet as well šŸ˜…

I can guarantee almost half of these will not be there. Like, lol
Most definitely not. The chances of something like the Fall Again recording session being in the film are basically 0.

I doubt they will go into detail about the recording sessions of anything post Thriller. In fact my prediction is that there will be very little ā€œMichael in the studioā€ scenes in general, and that Quincy will be featured in most of them. I suspect Thriller, the making of it and Michaelā€™s ambition to create the biggest selling album ever will make up a great portion of the filmsā€™ first hour and will be the ā€œmaking artā€ side of the film.

After Thriller, they will most likely get into Michaelā€™s private life. I can imagine them focusing on Neverland during the Bad Era portion, more than anything else, which would lead directly to Dangerous and the Chandler accusations.

Thinking they will show all of these performances in that manner is silly, in my opinion. There will most certainly be montages of the Bad and Dangerous Tours probably.

The Elvis movie is a perfect example of what this biopic will be, I think. The aspects of Michaelā€™s life which are not very relevant to the general public will either not be included at all or be part of montages.

Guys! You forgot about one important fact: the producer of Bohemian Rhapsody is going to produce Michael biopic! And as far as I remember in Freddie Mercury film, they showed mostly his adult life! Without childhood and death! Film starts with Freddie being around 20s. And ends with 1985 performance (6 years before Freddie's passing). So, according to this fact, in Michael biopic we are going to see a little bit from his childhood, around 15 minutes (just because his childhood is very important in his career). 80% of the film will be about Thriller, Bad and Dangerous eras. They won't include This Is It and his death at all! And film probably will end on 2005 court, when Michael was finally justified! In my opinion 40% of film about allegations and tabloid junkie problems. And actually, Michael film will probably end on good ending, because usually movie creators don't really like endings, where protagonist dies. So, I bet it's going to end with Michael's justification in court

Back