"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I believe so yes. I don’t have Brice Najar’s book “Book on The Dance Floor” to hand, but I believe either Brad Buxer or Bryan Loren confirmed it. I think it was Buxer.

Also, apart from the lyrics, it was also originally written during the Dangerous sessions around the time that LaToya got married to Gordon.
Dang i gotta listen to'' superfly sister'' now

Dang i gotta listen to'' superfly sister'' now
Michael clearly knew that relationship was a sham from the beginning. Meanwhile Katherine was looking to Jahovah for answers and his brothers couldn’t care less.

“Sister says she love him some (she's doin' it, she's doin' it)
Got his Jimmy on the run (hoo, hee)
Mother's preaching Abraham (hee)
Brothers, they don't give a damn (oh)

Sister's married to her hood
Sayin' that she got it good
Holy Mary, mercy me
I can't believe the things I see”

The Michael and LaToya relationship is a pretty heavy one. They were extremely close before she got married. They were the last 2 siblings to leave home and things went the way they did in 93. I wonder if the biopic will go there.

Siedah has every right to feel disappointed but the thing is, is that they only have 3 hours in which to focus on as many of the more significant moments in Michael’s life as possible. And there’s A LOT of them.

Separately,

Regarding the likes of Andy Warhol, he literally may only appear for 10 seconds in the Studio 54 scene, as will many others. Michael’s time in NYC whilst making The Wiz is an extremely important part of his life as it’s arguably the freest he ever felt. Its why Human Nature was an important song to him as it reminded him of that time. Human Nature really deserves to be included.

The LaToya relationship is pretty relevant because he was closest to her and they lived together in NYC. When LaToya turned on him in 93 because she was being controlled and beaten by Jack Gordon it must have been like a dagger in his heart. I wonder will they go into all of that?.

Obviously Michael forgave her and understood what she was going through, and he did allow the inclusion of Superfly Sister on BOTDF which would be an amazing inclusion to help narrate that relationship If they were to delve into it. Probably too time consuming to include something as throwaway as Superfly Sister but it’s pretty autobiographical nonetheless and also addresses Michael’s (at times) dismay with his brothers attitude.

They do only have 3 hours though and a hell of a lot of material to present, and obviously the dynamics between Joe and Michael will be a heavy focus.
Superfly sister was wrote before the allegations so he's definitely not talking about Toya

I'm gonna actually throw my hat into the ring and... Agree with Hot_Street. For once.

Jaafar on the Jackson's tour would be kinda neat actually.

Queen has been touring with Adam Lambert ever since 2011. He is not replacing Freddie. They just have constant success.

So in that context, Jaafar could just perform with his uncles. It'd make sense.

And in a reasonable sense, even if MJ were alive that might still be happening anyway. Jaafar has already performed with his dad, so they're pretty much prepping it anyway.

Plus he'd just sound better than his Dad and his Uncles singing it. Plus they are getting up there in age, isn't it only 3 of them performing now?

So yeah, maybe it'd happen, maybe not. If the J5 (J3) want it. They actually make things happen unlike The Estate.

If Jaafar wants to have his own career after the biopic, then he needs to get out of Michael's shadow, not stay there forever by touring with his uncles. If his acting is good, then he should try an acting career. A music career would be really tough, no matter how talented he is, because he would have to be as unique and original as Janet was in order to get out of Michael's shadow, and that definitely could not be accomplished by singing with his uncles like a nostalgia act.

If Jaafar wants to have his own career after the biopic, then he needs to get out of Michael's shadow, not stay there forever by touring with his uncles. If his acting is good, then he should try an acting career. A music career would be really tough, no matter how talented he is, because he would have to be as unique and original as Janet was in order to get out of Michael's shadow, and that definitely could not be accomplished by singing with his uncles like a nostalgia act.
I definitely would recommend not doing it, yeah.

I think it's too late to ever hope you get out of the shadow of your uncle when you're literally becoming your uncle (pause).

he has his own songs and they're good
he could perform them on a world tour

I definitely would recommend not doing it, yeah.

I think it's too late to ever hope you get out of the shadow of your uncle when you're literally becoming your uncle (pause).
Jaafar will gain worldwide fame because he is so similar to Michael. These are not the worst conditions for a successful career.

I'm gonna actually throw my hat into the ring and... Agree with Hot_Street. For once.

Jaafar on the Jackson's tour would be kinda neat actually.

Queen has been touring with Adam Lambert ever since 2011. He is not replacing Freddie. They just have constant success.

So in that context, Jaafar could just perform with his uncles. It'd make sense.

And in a reasonable sense, even if MJ were alive that might still be happening anyway. Jaafar has already performed with his dad, so they're pretty much prepping it anyway.

Plus he'd just sound better than his Dad and his Uncles singing it. Plus they are getting up there in age, isn't it only 3 of them performing now?

So yeah, maybe it'd happen, maybe not. If the J5 (J3) want it. They actually make things happen unlike The Estate.
I agree here, if his career doesn't "take off" in the way he wants, performing with the Jackson's would actually be pretty cool... As long as he isn't in full Michael costume/make-up. Performing as himself would bring new life to the Jackson's performance!

whoa! there's so much Michael in him

That as long as you love me performance was from 10 years ago.

How close do you think Jaafar can get to Michael's voice to make us believe it's him? To me he's singing in his natural voice but he's gonna be going full out MJ with the singing style and trademark grunts , hee hee etc. Cinema trickery and all that jazz.

The film will do it's best to make us see Michael on the big screen through Jaafar, I hope the fans can buy into the image that they're watching MJ (to an extent)

Do the fans think Jaafar is vocally more like Michael than Jason Malachi?

Isn't it weird they still haven't announced who's gonna play Janet, Randy and Rebbie? We don't know how they were like in private and publicly Michael and Rebbie didn't do a lot together aside from writing for her two albums, but a Michael story without Janet and Randy?

Isn't it weird they still haven't announced who's gonna play Janet, Randy and Rebbie? We don't know how they were like in private and publicly Michael and Rebbie didn't do a lot together aside from writing for her two albums, but a Michael story without Janet and Randy?
Ive heard rumors that janet & randy want no parts of the movie. That's why either of them have been casted. Idk how they're going to do a jacksons era in this movie with no randy. & im sure rebbie is on board with janet also so....

Shouldn't we wait to see how Jafaar actually turns out before we make the decision whether it be a good or a bad idea that he perform with his father and uncles?

Where did this rumor originate that Randy and Janet don't want to have anything to do with this movie? Dear lord, might they have a grudge and if so, why? I'm worried... Have they been distancing themselves from their brother because of Wade and James?

I think they've announced the cast, as they've filmed their scenes. We heard Nia Long was playing Katherine, not longer later she was on set filming with Jaafar.

I'd be terribly disappointed if Janet didn't feature in this biopic

The fact that the casting of a big name like Janet hasn't been announced does suggest that the rumours might be true.

The issues are apparently against the estate due to previous problems Janet, Randy etc have had with them.

Surely though they could put their differences to the side as a one off. It's about Michael , he never done anything to them. Support your brother's biopic ffs!!

The fact that the casting of a big name like Janet hasn't been announced does suggest that the rumours might be true.

The issues are apparently against the estate due to previous problems Janet, Randy etc have had with them.

Surely though they could put their differences to the side as a one off. It's about Michael , he never done anything to them. Support your brother's biopic ffs!!
Would you remind me about their grudge please? Is it about the will? Surely Janet didn't need Michael's money!
Could it be the alegations? 😳

Would you remind me about their grudge please? Is it about the will? Surely Janet didn't need Michael's money!
Could it be the alegations? 😳
Yeah I think the will is one of the main reasons. I'm sure Janet spoke out against the estate. Was there not also some strange Katherine Jackson kidnapping story? Lol

It wouldn't be about the allegations, they support Michael and Randy was pretty close to him during the 05 trial.

They will be unhappy with Branca and McClain and the way the estate is being run. Speaking of McClain, that man is more reclusive than Michael ever was!

Yeah I think the will is one of the main reasons. I'm sure Janet spoke out against the estate. Was there not also some strange Katherine Jackson kidnapping story? Lol

It wouldn't be about the allegations, they support Michael and Randy was pretty close to him during the 05 trial.

They will be unhappy with Branca and McClain and the way the estate is being run. Speaking of McClain, that man is more reclusive than Michael ever was!
I know about the kidnapping story, yes. And Randy being close to Michael was pre-will and pre-James&Wade, so that could be seen as irrelevant nowadays.

Back