A.I Michael - opinions

A.I. request:
somebody needs to do a John Branca version of D.S. with some fitting lyrics how well he runs the MJ estate.
Oh my god. I still think cold is best, bold , told , so much you could do .
alright im down :ROFLMAO:

I've only just discovered this thread. Once this Pandora's box is opened, there's no going back, and I don't think people yet understand the consequences of AI Michael. At some point we will no longer be able to distinguish between real MJ and AI, and I think that will ultimately dilute his legacy UNLESS the creators are honest and transparent. And we know there are plenty of dishonest fans.

I've only just discovered this thread. Once this Pandora's box is opened, there's no going back, and I don't think people yet understand the consequences of AI Michael. At some point we will no longer be able to distinguish between real MJ and AI, and I think that will ultimately dilute his legacy UNLESS the creators are honest and transparent. And we know there are plenty of dishonest fans.

Tbh, at the moment it’s still easy to hear the difference between real and AI MJ.. at least for people with musical knowledge.

(Doesn’t count for people who still believe cascio tracks are real)

Tbh, at the moment it’s still easy to hear the difference between real and AI MJ.. at least for people with musical knowledge.

(Doesn’t count for people who still believe cascio tracks are real)
Might come off as rude for some, but it's sadly the truth: you don't even need musical knowledge to know the difference, just a pair of functioning ears.

If you can't tell the difference between an A.I and a real singer you probably are the target audience for people who make these "covers" lol
I personally can't enjoy A.I anything because, although it is a cool novelty and it's great when using it to remaster LQ audio (e.g. now and then by the beatles), i think it just sounds like ass on anything else lol

Very few people have made good efforts that actually make A.I sound good, like Znop and Azura, but even if their songs sound good with A.I, you can still tell they are A.I, that's my point.

Nowadays the difference is as bright as day, and if you are someone who can't tell, lord have mercy on you in 10 years, when A.I will TRULY become realistic sounding lol

(Btw this is not directed at you Kai i'm just using your post to make a point)

Don't assume it will continue to be easy to distinguish. There is so much research going into AI now that sophistication is increasing exponentially. In 5 years you may be looking back on your post in horror.

That AI Drake basically sounded exactly like him. I hear Traditional Drake pretty regularly so yeah. It's kinda crazy. The impetus now is for artists to continue changing their voice and remain unique.

Don't assume it will continue to be easy to distinguish. There is so much research going into AI now that sophistication is increasing exponentially. In 5 years you may be looking back on your post in horror.
I do admit that A.I has advanced more this year than it ever has in the past 10 years, however, that increasing advancement stopped, and now the improvements are marginal in comparison to the huge rise A.I technology had during the first half of this year.

I do NOT think that that kind of huge improvement is ever gonna happen again in the field of A.I voices, not anytime soon at least, maybe in 5 years, which is still quite a bit.

My post was still talking about today, present day, not the scary tomorrow, though, so my point still stands, if you can't tell the difference right now that it's basically obvious for any artist that isn't a rapper, LORD have mercy on you in 5 years, then.

Don't worry, I was here many years ago banging my head against a wall trying to understand how people thought the Cascio tracks were legit!

There has to be some decision made about what to do with MJs demoes that aren't sung fully: Duets, Cover/Tributes, or AI. Or of course, good ol' nothing.

There has to be some decision made about what to do with MJs demoes that aren't sung fully: Duets, Cover/Tributes, or AI. Or of course, good ol' nothing.
In my opinion it should be duets or not released at all...as much as I like using AI I wouldn't want the estate to use it on a project

Could they use AI to remaster that one demo MJ recorded where he sounds far away from the microphone? I forget the name or it.

Apart for the speaking at the beginning (I skipped it in the link) this version sounds realistic to my ears:

Weird one off the top of my head

Thriller with MJ Ft AI The Weeknd & Freddie Mercury

Back