"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Is that how it usually works with music biopics? Unreleased stuff is made available?
I have only seen original songs, remixes of songs and live versions of songs in soundtracks. If any, they would only release one or two if we are lucky.

They are also re-mixing some of his songs for the movie in which I’m guessing for Dolby Atmos.

I have only seen original songs, remixes of songs and live versions of songs in soundtracks. If any, they would only release one or two if we are lucky.

They are also re-mixing some of his songs for the movie in which I’m guessing for Dolby Atmos.
Also, we still don't know exactly what DJ Khaled will be doing.

Just speculating ... 🤔

@iamveronica777
"Michael Jackson celebrating his 21st birthday at Studio 54 in NYC, 1979"

GMG0HLFbEAELg7z

This film isn’t about watching an impersonator going through Michael’s pivotal moments in life. It is about cleansing his name through facts that nobody reads about in printed media or documentaries. But put these facts in a motion picture and people will talk about it. That is what it has always been to me, it is the only way to reach a wide audience.

Other than that MJ’s name will be all over the place, his music will be pushed into the spotlights yet again, people will talk about the controversies and be able to put them in perspective because the film will push them in the right direction.

It is absolutely no surprise that the allegations will be a huge part of the film, imagine the headlines and reviews if they would ignore those…By emphasizing the allegations you create controversy and curiosity, you need that to get asses to the cinema.

It's going to impact everything and everywhere!!! It's going to cost $3 billion!!!! Every single college and university worldwide (including the United States) will posthumously give him honors, scholarships named after him, honorary degrees and courses, some of them never awarded these degrees posthumously before!!!!! MJ the Musical, MJ One, MJ the Evolution etc will be revamped etc!!!!!

Wait. DJ Khaled is involved?
Sorry! My bad.

I don't know for sure but I think the guy might be working on the soundtrack album. Iirc, there was some speculation about it over on the biopic soundtrack thread. Over here I remember this John Branca IG being posted last year - which doesn't tell us much. I'm assuming John Branca wouldn't post something on his official social media if the meeting didn't result in DJ Khaled agreeing to work on the project. But I don't know how the entertainment business works. People have meetings, I guess sometimes things don't work out. All the focus right now is on the film itself so I guess any news about a soundtrack album is not their priority, especially as they haven't finished with announcements about the cast.

I did not know which thread to post this in.
John Branca had a meeting with DJ KHALED this morning....😅

hfdh.jpg

Hold up I thought he said he don't celebrate birthdays 🤔
Pretty sure this is legit. This was his 21st birthday when he would still have been a member of JW so I did check. I found an FB post from Debbie Allen from 2014 where she'd posted these photos. It made me wonder if the biopic might use this as a Studio 54 scene.

Here's Debbie's Twitter/X post from 2018 showing the same photo.

Hold up I thought he said he don't celebrate birthdays 🤔
I'm glad you queried this. I might not have dived back into it. I went back and had another look. I found the main photo - it's a Getty Images photo - on Pinterest with a caption saying it's the birthday party for Steve Rubell, co-owner (or co-founder or whatever!) of Studio 54. Can't post the image.

I got this caption from gettyimages.co.uk:

"NEW YORK: 1979 Michael Jackson at Studio 54 for Steve Rubell's birthday party. (l-r) Debbie Allen, MJ, Rubell assistant, Lionel Ritchie. (Photo by Louis Myrie/Contour RA by Getty Images)"

Looks like Debbie might have posted incorrect info on this although I can't imagine why she would do that - twice! I had checked the comments on that Twitter/X post and I didn't see anyone challenging her assertion that it was a Michael celebration.

Who's right? Debbie or Getty Images? 🤷🏽‍♀️

<everyone dies of boredom>

Last edited:
This film isn’t about watching an impersonator going through Michael’s pivotal moments in life. It is about cleansing his name through facts that nobody reads about in printed media or documentaries. But put these facts in a motion picture and people will talk about it. That is what it has always been to me, it is the only way to reach a wide audience.
The problem is how do you get enough time to include all the controversies, explain them well, and also include his numerous musical and video monuments in the history of popular music? There would be enough material to make it a four hours saga. Both parts deserve to be dealt with thoroughly.

Back