Which MJ songs give you chills?

17mosorio

Proud Member
The title is self explanatory.

I was just listening to Someone in the Dark and literally felt chills down my spine. This is only one of many of Michael's songs that give me that same reaction.

Whether it be the composition/production or vocals, what MJ song really does it for you?

Get On The Floor :dance_party::dance_party: :dance_party:

That song gives me chills, the hots, and all kinds of emotions! It is sooo brilliant!

Will You Be There and Someone Put Your Hand Out, they are the two for me, the lyrics cut almost as deep as the chilling vocals do.

Someone Put Your Hand Out
^^This song

and when I listen to Wanna Be Startin' Something with headphones I hear a faint whisper in my right ear saying "You're a vegetable.." so that kinda...gives me the chills :blink: like it doesn't even sound like apart of the song

Among many others, Who Is It adlibs and Give In To Me's soaring second half every time.

And Earth Song

And Jam

And Will You Be There

And WBSS's 'keep your head up high, and scream out to the world' segment

And any live version of MITM second half.

I love his crescendo endings, no else writes or performs like that.

Billie Jean opening, wanna be startin something (help me sing it... ma ma se ma ma sa ma ma coo sa...)
Man in the mirror live

Mmmmmh, it depends on my mood. But really very many songs:yes:! Of course Billie Jean! I also love Get On The Floor:D. And Rock With You, Remember The Time, ITC, Earth Song, Keep The Faith, ah, and there are so much more.................... I´m always listening to Michaels music with headphones and so I can hear every tune, every whisper, every moan, some smiles, the sweet voice and the rough sounds............... I love Michael.

Definitely Earth Song. Not to mention Butterflies, Man in the Mirror, On The Line, and Whatever Happens. :)

Gone too soon
Little Susie
Your are not alone
Ghosts/is it scary

Yesterday out of nowhere while listening to HIStory, You Are Not Alone floored me. Obviously have loved the song for 21 years, but the way it sounded yesterday- his voice, the harmonies, the drum snare, the ad libs.

Perfection.

Well whip me sore and call me Susan for I forgot to mention Earth Song.

I once read that John Travolta was referring to Earth Song when he sung 'I got chills, they're multiplying'.

Man In The Mirror
Who Is It
Will You Be There
Keep The Faith
Earth Song

What about the ''Demerol'' part from Morphine? Every time I listen to that song that part strikes in way like I was listening it for the first time. It's that good.
The ad libs for the Royal Burnei concert always give me chills too. I feel like that moment was more than just singing, it was like a scream of desperation that people would listen to his message.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think a more difficult question is: what MJ songs don't give me chills? :D
I think the most spine-tingling ones (for me, at least) are:
Earth Song
Will You Be There
Speechless
Man in the Mirror
Why You Wanna Trip on Me
Wanna Be Startin' Something
Stranger in Moscow

There's just too many to name, really.