Did you ever see Michael live?

TurnsToGold

Proud Member
"This is it" would have been my first chance. I was actually only 16 at the time.
I love reading fans stories of when they attended Michael concerts.

So have/when did you see Michael live?
How did it make you feel?

:wub:

first time I saw him was in 03 at the 45th bday celibration.. that is the closest thing to "live" I can say I have been.. of course the 20 min speech, and him singing "..We are the children". I actually met him in 09 exactly a week before he passed.. and Jan 18th 2010 was to be my first live concert!

I haven't seen MJ live and is a pity as my finances were always in a poor state to move that far. At the age of 15 or 16 my parents wouldn't sponsor such travel to a concert. Then I would have went during trial time to show support at the court but again no money and no visa at that time, visa was always a great problem to me and still is, I can't travel anywhere because of having russian passport. The last put off was when I saw the prices for the London concerts which began from 500 euros or so and again a visa problem and much expences to get it, to pay for a flight, stay, food, taxi and so on. And then what would I have seen there? 500 euro tickets were for the last rows where I wouldn't see anything and I don't like the crowds, and the prices for the first rows were like 2500 euros for a ticket. He should have made some free concerts and go to the lands where poor people live to their city which can't travel to a concert themselves, not only to capitals. And let the people win tickets at least in some kind of lottery. Anyway my thinking is nearer to utopia.

first time I saw him was in 03 at the 45th bday celibration.. that is the closest thing to "live" I can say I have been.. of course the 20 min speech, and him singing "..We are the children". I actually met him in 09 exactly a week before he passed.. and Jan 18th 2010 was to be my first live concert!

Whaaaaat, what a story to tell though. I really enjoyed reading that! :)

Yes. I saw him multiple times with his brothers (J5, then as The Jacksons). I had tickets to BAD (Denver shows), but was deployed overseas before I could attend the concert. I gave the tickets to my friends. I never saw him live solo.

I would have so L.O.V.E. to have seen him in concert. But the last time he tour my country the U.S. was during the Bad era. I was only 7 or 8 years old at that time. So of course I was too young at the time.:( I so totally envy the fans that got to see him live in their country. It must have been so totally awesome. The only way I get to experience an MJ concert now. If I put one of my taped MJ concerts on. And play it at a very loud volume. Doing that is almost like being there. And I used to do that all of the time back when we still had him. I still so totally miss doing that now.:( It just so totally hurts beyond past hell. That I will never be able watch any of my MJ related stuff ever again. But thanks to my depression watching him only brings on panic attacks for me.:boohoo

I saw him twice. Victory and Bad. Both in Detroit. Mind blowing!

Bad - Leeds 1988
Dangerous - Leeds 1992
History - Sheffield and Wembley

Had tickets for two dates for TII also.

Plus saw him outside VMAs in 1995, New York

Last edited:
YES & I'm very thankful, happy & proud of it!

Munich, 1992, Dangerous Premier
Munich, 1997, HIStory, BOTH shows
Munich, 1999, MJ & Friends

HIStory tour for me at Sheffield, England in July 1997.

I begged and pleaded for my parents to take me to see him when he played my hometown on the Dangerous tour but they said I was too little.

It's difficult to put into words how special it was to be entertained by him for 2 hours. Just to be there with him, almost. It's a memory I'll cherish all my life.

3 times on the HIStory Tour...Prague and both concerts in Copenhagen. and MJ and friends in Munich in 1999, where we also saw him arrive at the hotel and waving from the windows

Bad in Rotterdam and History in Amsterdam :)
And saw him from up close when he went to Madame Tussaud in Amsterdam (was hanging around the hotel).

I saw him live on his birthday in 1997 in Copenhagen.

29. August 1997 - I was only 10 years old, but had already been a fan for many years, so my dad got tickets to the concert. Saw it with my brother, mom and dad.

I had tickets to a couple of concerts for This Is It. I had friends and family ready - with the fan pre-sale code - to buy tickets for me.

I should have attended the very first show. - Also the original nr. 2 concert that was re-scheduled to february or something like that.

3 times on the HIStory Tour...Prague and both concerts in Copenhagen. and MJ and friends in Munich in 1999, where we also saw him arrive at the hotel and waving from the windows

That's why MJ is the GOAT.
He legit could draw concert sized crowds just by showing is hand!

I didn't get to see him live *sulks and weeps*

It's a huge regret that I never got to see him perform live, starting from The Victory Tour when I was just 15 years old. :no: How I would change that now if I could, by turning back time and traveling anywhere I could to see him, no matter what.

I never saw him "in concert " but I did randomly see him at Disneyworld in 2002:D i was 13 at the time and it was completely by random chance that me and my friends were in the same line for the peter pan ride just as he and his kids were exiting the ride :D

When the Dangerous Tour stopped in Mexico I was 7 years old, my parents didn't want and could afford taking me to one of the 5 concerts no matter how much I begged and the tantrum scene. I already had 3 years of being a fan. There were rumors TII would tour internationally and Mexico was one of the destinations. :(

I was at the History concert in Tunisia and had 2 tickets for TII in Sep 09 and Feb 10...My greatest memory and unique feeling!

I was at the History concert in Tunisia and had 2 tickets for TII in Sep 09 and Feb 10...My greatest memory and unique feeling!

Ahhh, I was in Libya for the summer of 1996 and found out that he'd be going later that year.. I was sooo bumbed, I left Libya in Aug. and he went to Tunis in October, so close yet so far...

My current age is 17
I am a fan since 2008, i.e. not that lucky to watch him live....
I LOVE HIM now
I cried a lot when he died
I wanted to meet him!!

Twice, in '96 and '97, when he was in Amsterdam for the HIStory tour. It was absolutely amazing. I was 15 and 16 at the time and feel extremely fortunate, not only to have seen him, but that he performed in my country both legs of the tour. Had tickets for 3 This Is It shows, including opening night.

Dangerous Tour - Gelsenkirchen 1992:
The concert was cancelled just before the gates to the stadium opened. It was a shock ... It still makes me sad thinking about it.
They told us something like Michael had laryngitis / bad cold. But today I guess it had to do with his addiction to painkillers ...

HIStory Tour - Gelsenkirchen, June 15th 1997

I saw him live in Bucharest, HIStory Tour 1996 (+ heard him from my balcony during the Dangerous Tour concert. I used to live very close to the National Stadium in Bucharest :chillin:)

A bit off topic here, but I have to ask this: were any of you "follower" fans back in the day? I've always wondered what had happened to all the followers (I mean, the subject of their quest was not there anymore. they must have felt a much greater loss than all of us). I must admit, in a way, I envied them for being able to go and be everywhere Michael was...

I never saw him live either. The only time he came where I live was the Victory Tour and I wasn't able to go.

As for the follower fans, they must have amazing stories to tell!

Dangerous Tour - Gelsenkirchen 1992:
The concert was cancelled just before the gates to the stadium opened. It was a shock ... It still makes me sad thinking about it.
They told us something like Michael had laryngitis / bad cold. But today I guess it had to do with his addiction to painkillers ...

HIStory Tour - Gelsenkirchen, June 15th 1997

Hmm, but the allegation was in 1993, so why would he be addicted to painkillers already in 1992?

Or has he been addicted since the Pepsi accicent? - I don't really believe that. - I don't think he was addicted to any pills during the BAD tour... - Then again, I do not know, just my guess.

After the allegations I think life hurt him so much the painkillers started taking over, and no wonder, must have been a living hell for many years - and with the stupid media - from 1993 to he died it must have been terrible...

1974 ish when the Commondores opened for the J5, 1976 when Natalie Cole opened for them, 1981 Triumph tour at the now gone Cap Centre and 1984 Victory at RFK stadium..yep..that old :lol:

Last edited:
1974 ish when the Commondores opened for the J5, 1976 when Natalie Cole opened for them, 1981 Triumph tour at the now gone Cap Centre and 1984 Victory at RFK stadium..yep..that old :lol:
Wow-you've seen some Excellent shows!!!! Didn't realize Natalie opened for them at one time.

Back