What is it about Michael?

MJresearcher

Proud Member
I was a fan when I was a child, watching Michael was something I initially wasn't interested in because singing and dancing wasn't my thing but my mother had recorded one of his concerts off the tv and gave me the video. To my surprise I liked it and was a fan for a couple of years. As children do, I moved on to other things and didn't think about Michael very often again until he passed away. Despite that, his death hit me very hard, it was totally unexpected for me. I barely knew anything about this man anymore and hadn't thought much about him for the past 12 years so why did his death make me feel like I'd been hit by a truck? I discovered him all over again and grieved for him more so than I've grieved for members of my own family that have passed. I became a hardcore fan again and have stayed that way for almost 7 years now, and I can understand feeling grief for him now that I know a lot about him and life but what was the reason for me feeling such a loss when he first passed away after not thinking of him much for so long? I can't figure it out. I think Michael had a unique relationship with fans, what is it about him that draws that extra strong bond?

I was in tears over his death again today and I don't cry very often. I can't watch footage from the news the day of his death or watch his public memorial service or the footage of when he was taken to Forrest Lawn. Sometimes I can't even think about it without it bothering me enough that I have to quickly find something else to think about before I get too upset. Usually I can watch anything, there really isn't much that bothers me but this is different. In a way I think his death still hasn't totally sunk in for me, I know it happened but I live on the other side of the world, everything I know about it has been seen through a screen and sometimes it doesn't quite feel real because I haven't been to Forrest Lawn, I haven't confronted the reality physically which makes it more difficult for me to process. One day when I can afford to I'd like to travel to America and pay my respects in person but it frightens me because I know that when I do the reality will hit hard. Has anyone else had an experience like this? What do you think it is that makes us feel this way about Michael?

I think he really was a person with a special, very intense charisma that ignites very intense feelings in people - mostily positive feelings but his haters are some of the most intense, most obsessed haters I have ever seen too. While many celebrities have devouted fans but the response to MJ is often out of this world. Obviously the response to his death was one that showed it very much. Even people who were not fans or not particularly big fans were affected. I also think deep down people can feel the genuine goodness that comes out of him, no matter what dirt the media have thrown at him over the years. But it's hard to explain what that "it" really is. Well, maybe it's magical exactly because we cannot explain it.

When he passed away, I was actually in a happy mood cause I managed to battle something else and was about to start a new part of my life. Maybe I cried a tear or two, but I couldn't have been sad even if I had really wanted to.

A few months ago, I was watching MJ's videos and somehow went crying... You know, after almost seven years when I hadn't dopped a tear, I was there and tearful. Luckily, it passed quickly, but I realised that we'll never accept certain things. I'm sometimes tearful when I think of my deceased loved ones cause I miss them.

You know his death did not really hit me until i heard my radio station play Off The Wall the whole album right then and there i had to have everything on Michael because i knew i was nerve going to see him. My first trip to Forest Lawn was very hard i lost it there i cried the whole time and i kept saying Michael should not be here over and over again from that day on it was hard. When i hear songs like Smile or Gone To Soon i just cry can't explain why that happen but it does. i tell myself it going to be better but there is still that part of me that want Michael here with us. i am going to keep on telling myself it is going to get better because i know it will be. I have memories of Michael that will last a lifetime and i know it will be alright.

I remember when I was 17 teen years old in 2007 I was searching the INTERNET like always and I saw a news article about Michael, don't remember what it was about but I remember saying to myself the day he dies it will be shocking and then I start praying to god that i'll meet him before he dies, and 2 years later I was walking in my brother room my sister told me Michael was in a coma and than 8mins later she said he died.:cry: I was really upset with god and I was thinking maybe he faked his death , its possible

I don't know what it is either, but I went through the exact same thing. Michael is like a lightning bolt. I don't know that I could ever visit Forest Lawn though. It would be too hard :( Even Neverland. Well, it's not really Neverland anymore.

With me it really hit me very hard. I remember spending a good part of that summer in bed. Just totally wanting to forget what I had just heard. Which that didn't do me any good. Since all through that horrible summer and in to the Fall without him. I was constantly plague with such horrific vivid nightmares about Michael. 2 of them were so bad that I woke up crying and shaking uncontrollably. And I have never had nightmares that were that bad in my entire life. Even now I still tend to be haunted by some of them. Also I had lost about 50 pounds in the first month without him. Because eating was the very last thing I had wanted to do. All I wanted was my bed and my laptop. Though at the time I was contemplating suicide. Because I seriously did not want to live anymore. But since going back to my Christian religion after what had happen to him. From being a long time atheist. Suicide was something I couldn't do. So I was force to break the vow that I had made back in December of 1995. I was 15 years old then. But now a days I am still suffering from severe depression. I am still learning to live with. Which is not easy. I already excepted the fact that I will always have insomnia now. Because without my wonderful MJ dreams that I used to always have. Back when we still had him. Thanks to me spending a good 3 or 4 hours of always watching and listening to him on most nights. I will never experience another good night's worth of sleep ever again.:( Now I can very hardly call myself an MJ fan. Thanks to that evil monster 99.5% of my hardcore MJ fandom is totally gone from me. I can't enjoy listening to him anymore. And watching him only gives me panic attacks now. I can't even watch most of my favorite Hollywood stars anymore. Since most of them are in the exact same place where Michael is now. Which is why I am now very strictly for Bollywood now. Because of the severity of my depression if I so much as to hear or see that evil monster's name, seeing people that knew Michael, certain dates, the place where he is now, or the name of that building. Where that memorial was held for him. It will really set me off so bad. That I will spend the rest of the day in a very bad mood. When I tried so hard to be in a good mood that day. Then again thanks to that evil monster anger, misery, tiredness, bitterness, and just being down right nasty. Is the only feelings I can feel now. Just like it is very rare I will ever be in a fairly good mood. Or have a good day. I will never know what it is like to feel the h word ever again. That monster took that feeling forever away from me. The day he took Michael who was the L.O.V.E. of my life away from me.:( :boohoo I still wear all black clothes. To show that I am still in a constant state of mourning. As I always forever will be probably.:( (boohoo And the one thing about me and Michael is many, many things we have in common. Especially with the strange connection we have to the number 7. Like for me my birthday comes exactly 7 months and 25 days before his. It was something that never occur to me. Until a few months ago. And I was 29 years old on that horrible June day of that horrible year.

Last edited:
The thing that made a big impression on me about Michael, was the disparity between his stage persona and his true self from interviews. Many have already commented on this, but it bears repeating - there was a huge change in Michael, from person to performer. The moment he went on stage, it was like something else took him over...and it would last until he stepped off again. I got the feeling it was more than just a surface thing, too; he changed on the inside, becoming more raw and emotional. When he wasn't performing, his behavior seemed more introverted and self-aware. I also admired his generosity, hearing stories of him buying a piece of equipment for a children's hospital during every stop on a tour. I never met him, but always wanted to growing up; he seemed like someone who cared about people, far more than they deserved or even returned it.

With me it really hit me very hard. I remember spending a good part of that summer in bed. Just totally wanting to forget what I had just heard. Which that didn't do me any good. Since all through that horrible summer and in to the Fall without him. I was constantly plague with such horrific vivid nightmares about Michael. 2 of them were so bad that I woke up crying and shaking uncontrollably. And I have never had nightmares that were that bad in my entire life. Even now I still tend to be haunted by some of them. Also I had lost about 50 pounds in the first month without him. Because eating was the very last thing I had wanted to do. All I wanted was my bed and my laptop. Though at the time I was contemplating suicide. Because I seriously did not want to live anymore. But since going back to my Christian religion after what had happen to him. From being a long time atheist. Suicide was something I couldn't do. So I was force to break the vow that I had made back in December of 1995. I was 15 years old then. But now a days I am still suffering from severe depression. I am still learning to live with. Which is not easy. I already excepted the fact that I will always have insomnia now. Because without my wonderful MJ dreams that I used to always have. Back when we still had him. Thanks to me spending a good 3 or 4 hours of always watching and listening to him on most nights. I will never experience another good night's worth of sleep ever again.:( Now I can very hardly call myself an MJ fan. Thanks to that evil monster 99.5% of my hardcore MJ fandom is totally gone from me. I can't enjoy listening to him anymore. And watching him only gives me panic attacks now. I can't even watch most of my favorite Hollywood stars anymore. Since most of them are in the exact same place where Michael is now. Which is why I am now very strictly for Bollywood now. Because of the severity of my depression if I so much as to hear or see that evil monster's name, seeing people that knew Michael, certain dates, the place where he is now, or the name of that building. Where that memorial was held for him. It will really set me off so bad. That I will spend the rest of the day in a very bad mood. When I tried so hard to be in a good mood that day. Then again thanks to that evil monster anger, misery, tiredness, bitterness, and just being down right nasty. Is the only feelings I can feel now. Just like it is very rare I will ever be in a fairly good mood. Or have a good day. I will never know what it is like to feel the h word ever again. That monster took that feeling forever away from me. The day he took Michael who was the L.O.V.E. of my life away from me.:( :boohoo I still wear all black clothes. To show that I am still in a constant state of mourning. As I always forever will be probably.:( (boohoo And the one thing about me and Michael is many, many things we have in common. Especially with the strange connection we have to the number 7. Like for me my birthday comes exactly 7 months and 25 days before his. It was something that never occur to me. Until a few months ago. And I was 29 years old on that horrible June day of that horrible year.

are you into numerology? because Michael number is 7 and mines is 6 boohoo

are you into numerology? because Michael number is 7 and mines is 6 boohoo

I used to be a huge believer back when we still had Michael. Since to me I thought it was ok to be in to numerology, astrology, and psychics. Especially since I was a long time atheist. But since going back to being a Christian after what had happen to him. I can no longer believe in it. Just like I no longer believe in psychics and astrology. The bible clearly says to avoid stuff like that. And as a Christian now I have to follow what the bible says. Because I want to go to be in the same place where Michael is now.:( :boohoo But are you sure that Michael is a 7. Back when I used to be a believer in it. Michael was an 8 and so was I. Try this site if you want:

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/numerology.html

I was in my fave store browsing and there
was a shelf with Pop star mugs and somehow I was
searching for MJ knowing all too well he won't be among them and
I already own one.
Still my heart wanted to smile at seeing his image which
brings us to the #TopicOfToday.
It's a question that most friends, parents and relatives
'press on' about.
What is it about MJ that makes him so special that
makes you love him and no one else?
I hate to say I'm always 'reluctant' to answer it as
they can' t simply 'grasp' what we feel for MJ.
Anyway, the connection we all feel with Michael is simply
said in ONE word that wraps up the whole convo.
"HOME"
So, you see how you get those 'oh' looks but never mind them.
My heart feels an 'instant' SOUL connection whenever
I hear Michael's name or just see his image and
my soul just smiles.
It is true, I grieved a long time over Michael and
some days it feels like I'm back at square one again but
I'm stronger these days since it's been 7 years now.
OMG, what does time whoosh by hey!
Michael will always be that special person my soul fell in love
with when I was only a kid.
Michael has that radiant aura that transcends even through
his name, his image or his visual on a TV screen.
He can really make you 'zone out' and 'stop your world' for a minute.

Taken from: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/blog/home

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be a huge believer back when we still had Michael. Since to me I thought it was ok to be in to numerology, astrology, and psychics. Especially since I was a long time atheist. But since going back to being a Christian after what had happen to him. I can no longer believe in it. Just like I no longer believe in psychics and astrology. The bible clearly says to avoid stuff like that. And as a Christian now I have to follow what the bible says. Because I want to go to be in the same place where Michael is now.:( :boohoo But are you sure that Michael is a 7. Back when I used to be a believer in it. Michael was an 8 and so was I. Try this site if you want:

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/numerology.html
Im back being a christian too. I know its 5 years late.

I have been wondering the same. What is it about Michael Jackson that he brings so much emotion in people, even now. I had never been a fan of anything till I watched Michael's live tours couple of weeks back. I think he had out of the world talent and gave his 100% to his music and performance. That kind of dedication is infectious. He seemed to genuinely connect with his fans, even the simple 'i love you' shouted between songs seemed genuine. It sounds crazy and illogical. But I became fan 12 years after his death by just watching him on YouTube and grieving for the loss now.

I have been wondering the same. What is it about Michael Jackson that he brings so much emotion in people, even now. I had never been a fan of anything till I watched Michael's live tours couple of weeks back. I think he had out of the world talent and gave his 100% to his music and performance. That kind of dedication is infectious. He seemed to genuinely connect with his fans, even the simple 'i love you' shouted between songs seemed genuine. It sounds crazy and illogical. But I became fan 12 years after his death by just watching him on YouTube and grieving for the loss now.
I feel you. I became a fan in 2001 when I was in middle school, and was on this forum all the time during the 2005 trial, just heartbroken and trying to make sense of things as a young person. I was a dancer too and was blown away by his talent. I was so happy when he was cleared.
I was a huge fan then I forgot about him for a few years as I did my own thing and had other interests…when he died I was in college and I was devastated and grieved for a while and watched This Is It over and over while recovering from tonsil surgery. Then I moved on again for a few years, and the Leaving Neverland doc came out and I never wanted to see it. People talking made me start doubting him, but it didn’t sit right in my gut or my heart. Then, a few months ago a reel popped up on my Instagram, of him embracing a fan during You Are Not Alone. I crumbled to the floor. I miss him so much. I feel so connected to him in my soul and know he was innocent. I went on a YouTube deep dive this week remembering all my favorite moments and crying so much. It felt like he had just passed all over again. But how wonderful to have so much content on YouTube and Instagram to reminisce and learn new things about him! I didn’t have that as a young fan. It made me feel even more connection to him. I found a video from CNN of his producer Rodney Jerkins saying that 3 weeks before he passed he made peace with God. That warmed my heart to hear.

Are you able to provide link to that CNN video. I so wish he was ok and at peace before his death. It is crazy to feel that way about someone you never really knew. If there is afterlife, he would be happy to see even now his music touches so many people so deeply.

Here it is! This was soon after he passed I think. The snippet is at 1:42. I always had a gut feeling something like this would happen and I prayed for it, this made me so happy. He was known for being and avid reader and always had his Bible. This is Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins who produced Invincible. There was another story I read somewhere that MJ came into a recording session and immediately said “I sense a sweet spirit in here” and Rodney said yep, we just anointed the walls. I thought that was pretty cool.

Wow, thanks for sharing this. It gave me chills - "he had a feeling". And his last days were spent getting back into his music. Time and again we hear he was the kind of person who not demanded but inspired excellence in others. That is very powerful.

Wow, thanks for sharing this. It gave me chills - "he had a feeling". And his last days were spent getting back into his music. Time and again we hear he was the kind of person who not demanded but inspired excellence in others. That is very powerful.
It totally is ❤️

He was one the strongest people that have lived. What he had to go through during his life, the bullshit he had to take based on his looks, his race and the allegations (is there anything worse than that really) and STILL come out strong, positive, caring and good natured is quite simply astounding. This could only have happened because he had a genuine good heart, that is so commendable.
For Michael the world was a magical place and no matter what happened he kept finding that magic even in his most dire moments.

What is it about Michael? Well, that has got to be the easiest quizz ever.

In two words - his beauty.

He was one the strongest people that have lived. What he had to go through during his life, the bullshit he had to take based on his looks, his race and the allegations (is there anything worse than that really) and STILL come out strong, positive, caring and good natured is quite simply astounding. This could only have happened because he had a genuine good heart, that is so commendable.
For Michael the world was a magical place and no matter what happened he kept finding that magic even in his most dire moments.
His inner beauty shone ever so brightly not just in his work and dedication to his craft and to those in suffering, but also in his own struggles and the way in which he faced them. I've always found his generosity of spirit and inner strength incredibly inspiring, but I've also viewed him as one of the smartest people ever, which is why I think his casting as the brainless scarecrow in the Wiz is nothing short of ironic. At times, the part of the lion may have suited him better, but that may very well be another story.

That smile.
........ and those dark, gorgeous eyes, them strategically-placed curls and don't even get me started on.............them hypnotizing hands of his 😽

A most beautiful man - in AND out.

It is not good for man to be alone (Ephesians 5:25-33)

Agree 100%.

@Hiker Per @Antwort's suggestion, I am replying to a recent post of yours in the Daily picture thread over here. No pressure to reply here, but I wanted to attempt respectability by not continuing to perv up that thread unnecessarily (though really, it feels very necessary lol).

You wrote "You are not fooling anyone girl! That veil is just an illusion at this point. I am struggling so hard to keep up with you!
But in all seriousness, thank you. It is so good to see someone else going through the same experience. Since I discovered Michael, I am having such a crazy time. He is magical. The whole persona, the way he dances, dresses, sings, lyrics of the songs, such perfection in Michael - the artist. I have been obsessively watching the live performances. His stage presence is totally out of this world. Every movement of feet, hands (well every part of his body) looks so practiced to perfection. Even when its improvised like when he is asking people to clean the stage (Dangerous WBSS Buenos Aires) or is sliding all over the stage, again asking them to wipe it (It was during Jam in Moscow I think). Need I keep going!!"

LMAO I gotta know what you mean by "I am struggling so hard to keep up with you!" lol. Am I too much? Because that is 100% believable and valid, if so. My flair for the dramatics merging with my overwhelming attraction and love for Michael is a 🎶DANGEROUS🎶 combination! haha

Oh I loooove that you brought up how his improvised movements even feel just as perfect as his practiced moments. The moment that I fell in love with him and would forever have my life wrecked by it was when I saw the clip from one of the HIStory comments of him asking security to remove the bug from the stage (don't kill it though -- DON'T KILL IT). That slayed my entire heart. Not what you are talking about though. Back to what you said. I know exactly which concert you're referring to, with the subtle moves and directions to clean stuff up. He is SUCH a pro. His total ownership of the stage and how confident and powerful he is up there is not just dead sexy, but so impressive. I love his professionalism and how seasoned he is at everything he does. I also just love how every performance you see you notice different elements of his movement. It really is like looking at art, where you can only take in so many details each time, but when you return to it you always get something new.

Awhile ago I watched this interview he did on a German TV show and I was so charmed by the whole thing that I watched it three times in a row (I'm such a freak, God). Each time I noticed something new about his movements and his behavior. He was so incredibly endearing. When he's around it's impossible to take your eyes off of him. He embodied himself so well!

If you're curious about it, for some reason it won't properly link here. But it's his 1999 appearance on Wetten Dass. There is a version with subtitles I was able to find too :)

Awhile ago I watched this interview he did on a German TV show and I was so charmed by the whole thing that I watched it three times in a row (I'm such a freak, God). Each time I noticed something new about his movements and his behavior. He was so incredibly endearing. When he's around it's impossible to take your eyes off of him. He embodied himself so well!

If you're curious about it, for some reason it won't properly link here. But it's his 1999 appearance on Wetten Dass. There is a version with subtitles I was able to find too :)
OMG! Thank you for that one. He is sooooooo sooooooo cute! And audience response to him is so strong. It is hilarious how the host is trying to calm everyone down, but neither Michael, nor the crowd is listening!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I find it funny that host is asking question in German and Michael is answering without translation like he understood the question! For a minute I thought he is going to start speaking German!!
And during the second question, he just starts playing with the flowers 🥰🤣 He is sooooooooooooo cute! In the end he won't leave, the host is trying to move him along, and he just wants to look at the signs and take some home! OMG! He was enjoying himself.
The only part I don't like is German voice over his first answer, can't really hear his angelic voice :(
Also I want that torn-shirt performance of Earth Song!

LMAO I gotta know what you mean by "I am struggling so hard to keep up with you!" lol. Am I too much? Because that is 100% believable and valid, if so. My flair for the dramatics merging with my overwhelming attraction and love for Michael is a 🎶DANGEROUS🎶 combination! haha
You go girl! This is called leading by example. Keep us on our toes!

@Antwort finally replying to your message over in the more "appropriate" thread haha (though, to be fair, I can't guarantee I will stay appropriate -- will another move to the 18+ thread be required at some point? I suppose time will tell). Also, no pressure to reply to this one if you are through with this haha. Anyway, I'm going to copy and paste some of your previous message from the "daily photos" thread to reply to here :)

Btw, I think you have a wicked sense of humor and I really like the way you express yourself. LOL @ your definition of 'masses'. You definitely are my kinda sister 👊 You all are 🙂 Your enthusiasm is infectious and you gals have definitely brigthened up the atmosphere 👏

Oh my, bless you!! I am so happy that my sense of humor is coming through so I don't just sound like a raving psycho! I do worry not everyone will understand my, eh hem, style of self-expression lol. Especially as we are talking about obsessive MJ fans. While I'll admit that my obsession with him falls somewhere on the line between obscene and girlishly charming, I haven't fallen completely off the deep end yet. I'M NOT BANNED FROM THE FORUM YET (this seems to be my only consistent measure for if I'm maintaining a sense of human dignity lol).

As for Michael being an angel and all......let's just put it this way. He definitely had the name of one - that much is for sure 😁 As he said it himself, he was only human - definitely one of the most impressive and awe-inspiring people ever, but also a man with inherently human flaws and lapses. I believe there is nothing wrong in acknowledging that, while appreciating the inner and outer gorgeouness which he exuded so often.

Oh 100%!! Will You Be There? is legit one of my favorite ever songs because of the particular way he cries out "I'm only human" over and over and because I like to be spiritually devastated and emotionally destroyed. I mean it's a gorgeous and inspiring song that also fills me with an ache of joy for those moments when human connection really happens and people do love and understand each other, but when I get in my head about the whole thing, I sometimes just want to throw myself to the wolves lol.

I might have written about this picture before, but it actually takes me back to middle-school; I used to carry it with me weekly. Nevermind the fact that it reminds me just how ole' I actualy are 😔 🤣🤣🤣 To be honest with you, I was actually a bit more facinated by that table cloth. I had questions about it - where did it come from, who made it?

LMAO the tablecloth also caught my very curious eye, so I get this completely! Although it is so adorable that you carried that picture around with you. I can't handle how sweet that is lol. I am 33 and so I came of age in the late 90s/2000s and, I'm sorry to anyone that disagrees, but there were ZERO famous male singers/musicians worthy enough to be carried around in my pocket. For me, they were all douche monsters with frosted tips and bad music lol. On a side note, with how gorgeous, sexy, hot, beautiful, talented, charismatic, etc. that Michael was, along with how humble, kind, gentlemanly, gentle, compassionate, generous, and loving he was -- I truly believe if I had discovered and fallen in love with him as a young person, I would have held men the rest of my life to a much higher standard, and probably would have avoided at least one divorce and A LOT of bad relationships lol.

Dang girls, Naughtyland was supposed to be closed down during Lent, but I guess I can blame y'all and Michael for this naughty intermission.

Absolutely not. It is impossible to avoid naughtiness where Michael is concerned. I refuse :ROFLMAO:

I know plenty of people appreciate the larger-than-life persona he projected, including through the use of mystery. Still, i think he went a bit overboard with it. There are certain healthy and most legitimate boundaries that anyone must have, all the more so a public figure like Michael, whose exposure was intergalactic, basically. At the same time, I think it might have served him better if he opened up a bit more, at the right time, in front of the right people, so the world could understand better just how funny, brilliant and awesome he could actually be. But that's just me.

Tbh I am so glad you said this. Because even when I wrote the other day about how his mysteriousness was sexy, I almost added an addendum to that. I 100% agree with you. To be clear, I in absolutely no way blame Michael for what was done to him in the media. But I do think had he come forward sooner about his skin disorder, or even maybe did a few more interviews so people could see how sweet, and lovely, and normal he was then maybe people wouldn't have been as willing as they were to believe the bad things they heard about him? idk. I honestly feel bad even saying that, because I don't mean to imply in any way that it's his fault. I feel like sometimes people victim-blame with Michael because he made some choices many of us see as odd, but that still doesn't mean he deserved anything that happened.

Anyway, I just wanted to recognize this because I genuinely think he was such a beautiful, complex person deserving of love and kindness and I wish the world would have seen him more as a person than just a superstar. Ugh. I'm all in my feelings!!! haha

Hehe poor presenter of Wetten Dass. Awesome footage, I love footage of fans going crazy when they see Michael, especially when they're crying it gets to me lol.

OMG! Thank you for that one. He is sooooooo sooooooo cute! And audience response to him is so strong. It is hilarious how the host is trying to calm everyone down, but neither Michael, nor the crowd is listening!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I find it funny that host is asking question in German and Michael is answering without translation like he understood the question! For a minute I thought he is going to start speaking German!!
And during the second question, he just starts playing with the flowers 🥰🤣 He is sooooooooooooo cute! In the end he won't leave, the host is trying to move him along, and he just wants to look at the signs and take some home! OMG! He was enjoying himself.
The only part I don't like is German voice over his first answer, can't really hear his angelic voice :(
Also I want that torn-shirt performance of Earth Song!

Oh you are SO welcome hahaha. I watched that video over and over when I first saw it. He is beyond adorable in it. This is what I mean about knowing his off-stage personality AND his on-stage personality. It just enhances my love for him. I absolutely love the way he is obviously DYING to go over and pay attention to the fans, but he sort of slowly goes up on stage. And then, he's just such a precious, adorable man when he's playing with the flowers hahaha. I literally cannot handle it. I love how he is also feeding into it. The poor host is trying to get everyone's attention, probably because he has a limited time slot, and Michael is like doing little dance moves with his hands, and waving at people, and showing them the posters, and just smiling and being so fucking cute, GOD. It makes me so happy how much he adores his fans, because I've heard enough interviews with him where he has said things about how it just feels like pure love to be adored like that. So I imagine in those moments he is really taking it all in and just feeling so loved and so happy and he really deserves to feel that way, I think. He gives so much back!

Also, the Earth Song performance from 1996 (I think?) is one of my absolute favorites. Have you seen the whole thing?! Because stop whatever you are doing right now and go watch it lol. I know he often does the move where he hangs himself off of the big mechanical arm, but when he does it in that performance it makes me want to scream for the rest of my life lol.

OH, but I agree. I hate that we can't hear his voice when he's speaking. Although I LOVE how the first time he speaks, all he says is something like "well, it happened like this..." and everyone loses their everloving minds haha.

Hehe poor presenter of Wetten Dass. Awesome footage, I love footage of fans going crazy when they see Michael, especially when they're crying it gets to me lol.
SO DO I! What is that? I absolutely love watching him be adored. I can't stop smiling anytime I see people fainting and losing their shit over him. Why do I love it SO much?! What is it about Michael????

Oh you are SO welcome hahaha. I watched that video over and over when I first saw it. He is beyond adorable in it. This is what I mean about knowing his off-stage personality AND his on-stage personality. It just enhances my love for him. I absolutely love the way he is obviously DYING to go over and pay attention to the fans, but he sort of slowly goes up on stage. And then, he's just such a precious, adorable man when he's playing with the flowers hahaha. I literally cannot handle it. I love how he is also feeding into it. The poor host is trying to get everyone's attention, probably because he has a limited time slot, and Michael is like doing little dance moves with his hands, and waving at people, and showing them the posters, and just smiling and being so fucking cute, GOD. It makes me so happy how much he adores his fans, because I've heard enough interviews with him where he has said things about how it just feels like pure love to be adored like that. So I imagine in those moments he is really taking it all in and just feeling so loved and so happy and he really deserves to feel that way, I think. He gives so much back!
The host need not have bothered with the questions at all, they were just standard answers, and the second one Michael was not even interested in. He could have just let Michael be there, being adored by the fans, interacting with them. That would have made such a great show! Where was I! Why was I not there!

I am actually just finishing Mexico Deposition. It took me a week to go through it, I thought I am going to hate it and be all sad after watching it. But its brilliant. The way Michael handled it, and there are precious moments of him smiling at someone (presumably his lawyer / supporter), or being a bit cheeky with questions. It is a lot of "I don't remember" which after a while you realize is also a tactic. Not to mention this might be the only record of him talking about his creative process, song selection, a LONG list of unreleased songs that he wrote without brining his personal life in the middle. I learnt so much from this deposition, like he would write 50 songs for an album!! I want to hear them all, can someone publish a book!! I would think everything he said here is true because it goes on the record. I will put Earth song down for tomorrow, otherwise I am not going to get any sleep.

@Hiker Per @Antwort's suggestion, I am replying to a recent post of yours in the Daily picture thread over here. No pressure to reply here, but I wanted to attempt respectability by not continuing to perv up that thread unnecessarily (though really, it feels very necessary lol).

You wrote "You are not fooling anyone girl! That veil is just an illusion at this point. I am struggling so hard to keep up with you!
But in all seriousness, thank you. It is so good to see someone else going through the same experience. Since I discovered Michael, I am having such a crazy time. He is magical. The whole persona, the way he dances, dresses, sings, lyrics of the songs, such perfection in Michael - the artist. I have been obsessively watching the live performances. His stage presence is totally out of this world. Every movement of feet, hands (well every part of his body) looks so practiced to perfection. Even when its improvised like when he is asking people to clean the stage (Dangerous WBSS Buenos Aires) or is sliding all over the stage, again asking them to wipe it (It was during Jam in Moscow I think). Need I keep going!!"

Oh I loooove that you brought up how his improvised movements even feel just as perfect as his practiced moments. The moment that I fell in love with him and would forever have my life wrecked by it was when I saw the clip from one of the HIStory comments of him asking security to remove the bug from the stage (don't kill it though -- DON'T KILL IT). That slayed my entire heart. Not what you are talking about though. Back to what you said. I know exactly which concert you're referring to, with the subtle moves and directions to clean stuff up. He is SUCH a pro. His total ownership of the stage and how confident and powerful he is up there is not just dead sexy, but so impressive. I love his professionalism and how seasoned he is at everything he does. I also just love how every performance you see you notice different elements of his movement. It really is like looking at art, where you can only take in so many details each time, but when you return to it you always get something new.

It was the Munich show with the bug, I just watched it with my mom the other night! 😊

Back